Grafter

Re: 5ghz Dropping out randomly and regularly

So not the 3 days I was originally told?Huh
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Unfortunately there are delays due to the Christmas period.

Apologies for the delays.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NTO
Grafter

@peteharper  You can see how frustrating 3 days is.  I have been waiting for 3 WEEKS for @bobpullen or someone else in Products Team to click a few buttons and do a firmware roll-back for me, to get me up and running again.  

Whilst I was trying to write this, the wi-fi dropped out again.  Only about the 20th time today.  It really is a joke.  Staff keep apologising, but nothing actually happens!  Nothing has happened again today (oh, apart from a standard email asking me to be patient and sending details of the Ombudsman!)  

peteharper
Grafter

Gandalf

How long will i be waiting.

Why has the other guy posting been waiting 3 weeks - thats shocking.

Can you please action this as soon as possible, and make sure you sort the other guy out before me, its really bad that hes had to wait that long.

Please dont make another excuse post, you need to be taking action and giving us dates that our problems will be sorted by.

Thanks

peteharper
Grafter

I have 1 month left in my contract.

If this is firmware downgrade not actioned by the end of the 8/1/19 then i want to terminate my contract.

you cant mess peoples internet up with dodgy firmware and then not put it right immediatly, its not acceptable.

NTO
Grafter

@peteharper   I'm really sorry you are in a similar boat with the firmware fault.  Cry

I don't think PN want to do a roll-back because it will prove the point that they have a serious problem with it. 

At best they are trying to buy time by fobbing us off and chronically messing us around.  I have been told that my requests which were discussed and picked up via this forum were not 'put through' properly to the Products Team.  My ticket (raised 13th Nov) shows my roll back request was raised via that method too.   

I tried to start a new discussion about the messed-up firmware to reach other customers, but it was blocked (locked) with the excuse that I shouldn't be posting on more than one thread about the same experience.  

I was promised a call yesterday from a complaints handler, but that did not happen either.  Instead, they sent me details of how to complain to the ombudsman.  That would, indeed, buy them some more time IF they do intend fixing the firmware at all.  

The other possibility is that the people suffering this fault are too small in number to worry about and they hope that we will just slink off and buy a new router.  

@bobpullen was helping, but he's gone strangely quiet. 

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that for all the apologies and promises, they don't actually care, because someone has decided that it isn't important enough to their business.  

Their customer service scores will start to plummet if they treat everyone like this.  And if it's not everyone, then has it become personal?  

p.s. I'm a woman.   Smiley 

peteharper
Grafter

NTO it's pathetic.
I have been with plusnet for years, never had a problem.
Its causing me a problem and isn't acceptable.

My Contract ends in February, so am happy to leave if they won't action this straight away.

Quite happy to make an official complaint to the ombudsman too, you should do that.

Will see what happens

Cheers
peteharper
Grafter

I just called them and said I wanted to leave if they didn't action this today.

They had no record of this being requested and said there were 2 people who could help, Bob and another.

They are gonna contact Bob and try to action it, but said it was a shame I wanted to leave.

I knew that they would tell me nobody was aware of my request , they said speaking to them directly was different to posting on a forum.

Pete
NTO
Grafter

@peteharper  I wouldn't hold your breath for any help!  I'll be pleased for you if you do get any joy. 

I have seen people getting help through this forum with firmware roll-backs and other people like me, getting ignored.  

I have no idea how treating people badly is going to help their business both short and long term.  

I was hoping for a bit of humanity and compassion here too, but can't see much evidence of that now.  In fact it feels like they are deliberately making me pay a price for complaining and/or calling out a technical fault.  

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@NTO wrote:

@peteharper   I'm really sorry you are in a similar boat with the firmware fault.  Cry

This doesn't look to be a 'similar boat' to me? Huh

@peteharper, you are affected by a known issue where certain wi-fi devices cause system crashes on firmware builds 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 and 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1.

We have a firmware build that fixes this which I have just applied to your router (4.7.5.1.83.263).

@NTO, your problem is different and unless I'm mistaken you're actually having problems with 4.7.5.1.83.263, and have subsequently asked for a downgrade to an old 2017 build? 

@peteharper it will be interesting to see if you too have problems with the version I've just upgraded you to..?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NTO
Grafter

@bobpullen  I meant in the same boat, as in waiting for a member of staff to change the firmware.  

Thank you for doing this for me today.  Fingers crossed the wi-fi signal becomes stable.  

@peteharper   Thanks for your support.  I think what you did/said might have made a difference.  I don't know for sure.  Anyway, I hope your router behaves itself now.  Cheers!  Thumbs_Up

peteharper
Grafter

Thanks Bob I will be sure to let you know.

NTO good luck and nice talking to you x

Thanks
peteharper
Grafter

Bob

So far so good. Not noticed any drop outs yet

Speeds on affected device on 5ghz are 66 mbps download and on 2.4ghz 44mbps - so 5ghz is important for me, but the device hasn't dropped out yet, as opposed to 25 times a day before the firmware switch.

Will keep you updated
NTO
Grafter

Likewise.
I have not experienced any drop outs so far yesterday or today.
Have not had chance to test upstairs yet because I am trying to catch up on my work, but will let you know.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for the updates guys.

I'm glad to hear that your WiFi is a lot better now.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet