Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g wifi keeps failing?

Ashpork
Hooked

5g wifi keeps failing?

Hi, 

I've recently (last week) come over form vodafone broadband, and replicated my same wifi set up on the PN router, but I'm finding that after a while, the 5G half of this PN router will fail. either refusing connections, or telling me the WIFI password is incorrect, whilst the 2.4G then goes slow. The only method to restore is reboot (which i don't want to do too often).

I've seen various posts on this in this community, and some moderators suggesting they've pushed an update to the router to help fix it. Am i on the latest version with "the fix"?

The bottom of my router page states: 

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown

Seems a bit flaky this router, in comparison to others I've used previously. is it fit for purpose? especially since the 5G posts I've found seem to have gone on a number of years 😕

1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: 5g wifi keeps failing?

@Ashpork 

You are not on the 'fixed' firmware.  Iff you add to this post no doubt you will get the update faster than waiting for the current roll out timetable.  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/m-p/1696363#M15510

For info the moderators are fellow Plusnet customers, not to be confused with Plusnet staff.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'