Did you mean: 

5Ghz not working, Customer Support useless

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: 5Ghz not working, Customer Support useless

Hi @texhewson,

I've raised a response regarding this via the open ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
texhewson
Dabbler

Is that my deadlock letter then?   So I can now contact the Ombudsman (Ofcom) directly.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @texhewson,

I've further updated the ticket regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
texhewson
Dabbler

Thanks.   As I've said on the ticket, I don't see why I should have to purchase a 3rd party modem.  There is nothing in your sales blurb to inform me that the 5GHz frequencies on your modem do not work. Maybe if there had been ,I would have been able to make an informed choice as to whether I wanted to sign your contract and buy a 3rd party router OR go with another provider that was not shipping a broken router.  As I said, I appreciate you cannot *guarantee* wireless but there is difference between "not being able to guarantee the wireless will work because of real world conditions" and selling me a contract when you *know* there are problems with your router that make it *impossible* to connect on the 5GHz frequencies.

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@texhewson 

I have been chasing this since April on a thread that I raised at the time.

I have gone down the route of going to the Ombudsman and also Ofcom.

A summary of my views on that are in these posts here :-

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-losing-internet-connection-on-5Ghz-WiFi-only/m-p/168...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-losing-internet-connection-on-5Ghz-WiFi-only/m-p/169...

It is pretty much a waste of time and that is why Plusnet continue to mess people around in this way and are getting away with it.

I am still trying to help Plusnet to solve this but to be honest it doesn't feel like any progress has been made at all in eight months.

I am not going to give up until it is fixed though.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

"5GHz frequencies on your modem do not work. "

But for thousands of others with this Router, the 5ghz band does work.
This band has less range than 2.4ghz, but is less busy.

As you didn't actually buy the router you won't have a leg to stand on, and your time
would be better employed buying an independent router; plenty of Openreach ones on E bay,
which have superior wifi capabilities.
texhewson
Dabbler

I signed up to a contract, the bundle included a modem as is clearly shown in the picture. If I'd known about the modem problems I wouldn't have signed it. If I'd known I had to buy a 3rd party modem I at least would have made an informed choice. Also if there are 1000s of working modems I would like one of those. That seems like a very easy answer if it's that simple.
peteharper
Grafter

@texhewson Plusnet doing that whole "we have raised a ticket" thing is to keep you off their forum, so that your issue remains between you and them.

Good Luck in fighting this - keep us updated,