cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting for upgrade

Merluza1
Dabbler

waiting for upgrade

This seems to be a common issue but since I have it I may as well post it here. I've opted to upgrade from ADSL to fibre, I received the router very quickly but the activation date, Nov 13, has come and gone with no sign of any change. Does this have to bed in, I know ADSL used to take a couple of weeks to get up to speed, or has it not been activated yet, and will I be given any notice of it happening? I don't mind waiting but would like to know what's happening.

Also, the suppled router is running fine and seems perfectly good but I also have a BT Business Smart Hub, when the fibre is active would I see any improvement using the BT hub?

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: waiting for upgrade

@Merluza1 chances are your upgrade has been pushed back due to engineer availability. PlusNet's systems aren't good at handling the automated updates from BT and notifying the customer accordingly.

If you log in to the HUB one , go to Advanced Settings , then Troubleshooting -> Helpdesk , what does it say on Line 24 - Modulation ?

If it says G.993.2 then you've been upgraded to Fibre, if it says G.992.5 then you're still on ADSL

but I also have a BT Business Smart Hub,

The Business smart hub is a much better router than the PN supplied Hub one. Wireless range is better and you can also configure DNS servers if required.

There's a guide here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/td-p/1587673 on configuring the BT Hub for PlusNet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Merluza1
Dabbler

Many thanks, it's still showing G.992.5, as expected I think. I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. I'll look at changing the hub when the day comes.

Best wishes

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Merluza1, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're still awaiting your upgrade to fibre. I've looked into this for you and can see that your order is currently placed and an engineer is due to change you over onto fibre on 19/11/20. My apologies you haven't received an update before now and on Thursday you should see the connection drop out and then connect back on fibre a few minutes later. I hope this helps and if there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please do get back to us.

Merluza1
Dabbler

Thanks for checking and getting back to me, I can probably see the engineer at the cabinet from my front window so I’ll keep an eye out.