cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting for broadband and phone from 21/08

agshjo
Dabbler

waiting for broadband and phone from 21/08

please can I have an update, sky has confirmed they have released the phone number, phone services and ADSL on 21 Aug 2018. still there is no internet or phone services at home. its a bad service from day 1. please could this be actioned asap as I dont want any excuses. This is not at all a good service. I am planning to make a complaint to ofcom if this is not resolved asap

20 REPLIES 20
agshjo
Dabbler

Re: waiting for broadband and phone from 21/08

also can i get a date when the services will be up and running

agshjo
Dabbler

how long is the waiting going to be ????????? 

agshjo
Dabbler

10 days from when? what date please confirm

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @agshjo,

I can see that we have already raised a ticket on your account with this information. You can view this at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=181662393

agshjo
Dabbler

why so long?? how long does it take to switch over is this not a bad service. Also why did the handover didnt happen properly who's fault is this atlast its the customer who is suffering and this is called a poor service. So we have no internet or phone for nealry 7 days now. Even third world countries give better service these days!. And I certainly call this as a bad service.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @agshjo 

I'm really sorry to hear you think that. 

I'm afraid that when it comes to orders, lead times are generated by our supplier, therefore we do not have input as to the circuit "go live" date. 

As was explained in the ticket, your order is progressing as we would expect it to. 

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

agshjo
Dabbler

so bang on 03/09 the services should be up and running?

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You service should be active at any time up until midnight on the advised day. Please be aware that potential delays may happen, but are unlikely. We will inform your should this be the case.

agshjo
Dabbler

as per the advised date if the service is not restored I will be definitely escalating this to ofcom as this is aleady classified as poor service now, Thanks.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @agshjo,

I have checked the orders for you this morning and everything is looking fine at the moment. Please let us know should you have any further queries.

agshjo
Dabbler

till now no internet or phone can you check and tell me what time of the day it will be active, half a day is nearly gone. this is very bad service!

agshjo
Dabbler

looks like we are connected however I will monitor the whole day to see if the service is okay. thanks anyways after this baby sitting.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @agshjo 

I can see you have an active connection on our side as well. 

Thanks for you patience. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us if you need ever need more assistance. 

- MoR 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 104

please can I have an update, sky has confirmed they have released the phone number, phone services and ADSL on 21 Aug 2018

A simple question so that we can all learn something from your experience...

Did you CANCEL the service from Sky and then ask Plusnet to provide a new service … or did you just order a migration with Plusnet, leaving them to advise Sky at the appropriate time?

If users want a largely seamless migration from one supplier to another, it is essential that they just ask the new supplier to do all of the work.  Cancelling the existing service with the current supplier will ensure that a new supplier cannot place orders for a new service until AFTER the existing service ceases.  After that the order has been placed, provision will be subject to the industry lead time of circa 10 working days.  There are three constraints which 'ensure' delay in migrations...

1. Ofcom anti-slamming rules - a working line cannot be taken over quicker than 10 working days so as to allow time for the existing supplier to advise the user that there is a take over request and have the opportunity of cancelling it, in order to prevent slamming
  2. If a service provider places a service cease order on a line, BTOR will not permit another CP or ISP to PLACE an order for that line until after the cease has been actioned - in other words, it is not possible to place an order IN ANTICIPATAION of a line becoming free for service to commence immediately after the cease
  3. Generally BTOR cannot resource installations quicker than 5 working days ahead, often not even 10 working days ahead.

If you did just order from Plusnet, then there is some possibility that Sky played dirty and bounced the order, if it pre-dated the end of your fixed term contract with them … such has been seen before.

Good to know that you are now up and working.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.