Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting 15 working days. no router, no service = terrible

hexa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

waiting 15 working days. no router, no service = terrible

what hell is going on? where is my service I've paid for? look at all the posts from people complaining about waiting for service/router/info.

how long can it possibly take? they should say it will take at least a month. so you are paying for a month of no service.

would't be surprised if they make you wait on purpose so you can't use your cancel within 14 days right.

not impressed at all so far. I bet you have to hound them for the cashback offer as well.

if you call they keep you waiting at least 15mins hoping you will hang up. 

16 REPLIES 16
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: waiting 15 working days. no router, no service = terrible

Welcome to the community forums @hexa

Looking at your account, I see we sent you an email roughly 12 minutes after your account had been signed up, confirming that your order had been placed and we expected your services to transfer over to ourselves by 16/11/16.

You can also view this update via the member centre here.

In the meantime, the service with your current provider should continue as normal.

hexa wrote:

how long can it possibly take? they should say it will take at least a month. so you are paying for a month of no service.

We do advise in the welcome email that it takes a minimum of 10 working days to transfer a service from another provider. This is due to Ofcom regulations.

This does not mean you are paying for X amount of time of no service. Although we do take a payment for initial fees, which cover the first month of services, the payment for the first month of service would not come in to affect until the service is active.

@hexa wrote:

would't be surprised if they make you wait on purpose so you can't use your cancel within 14 days right.

As per my comments above, unfortunately due to Ofcom regulations, it takes a minimum of 10 working days to transfer a service in from another provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hexa
Rising Star

where is the router?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd imagine it would be sent today/tomorrow and I'd expect to to arrive early next week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hexa
Rising Star

so 'activated' on 16th and then another 48 hours for the internet.  what a third world country service. should be made clear you will be waiting nearly a month for anything to happen.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Your services should be active on the 16th.

However it can sometimes take up to 48 hours for a broadband order to complete as part of a simultaneous order. This is unfortunately out of our control and is in the hands of our suppliers.

@hexa wrote:

should be made clear you will be waiting nearly a month for anything to happen.

As per my initial response, we did email you 12 minutes after you signed up, advising of your expected migration date.

In the meantime, the service with your current provider should continue as normal.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hexa
Rising Star

when you sign up you make it sound like it will be 10 working days turnaround. email says "by" then as if it will be sooner.

bet it could be switched instantly if there was any incentive.

ofcom needs to break up the telecoms and get some real competition in this industry happening.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

bet it could be switched instantly if there was any incentive.

ofcom needs to break up the telecoms and get some real competition in this industry happening.

The 10 working days *minimum* is directly from Ofcom guidelines and not something we can breach.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately our suppliers have advised of a problem with your order.

I've provided an update via your account.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hexa
Rising Star

I don't use a landline phone, and i don't want a landline phone. that is
the number they gave me but as i'm cancelling with them maybe they canceled
it... who knows?
I just want broadband. I need broadband ASAP
do whatever you want, but get me broadband ASAP.
why is this such a hassle?

honestly any new customers reading this, don't expect any service for at least 2 months as the industry does all it can to make getting broadband as complex and time-consuming as possible.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@hexa wrote:

I don't use a landline phone, and i don't want a landline phone. that is
the number they gave me but as i'm cancelling with them maybe they canceled
it... who knows?

Looking at the account, we were provided a number to retain upon signup of the account.

@hexa wrote:

why is this such a hassle?

Unfortunately as the number you provided us isn't registered on openreach systems, to the address you provided us, the request to port/retain the telephone number has been rejected.

This is completely out of our control and we notified you straight away once we had been told by our suppliers.

With all due respect, we have kept you updated extremely quickly of your expected completion date when the account was signed up and then of this problem once we had received updates from our suppliers.

The cause of this problem is completely out of our control as we're unable to make Openreach update the records for a line provided by another communications provider.

@hexa wrote:

I just want broadband. I need broadband ASAP

As per multiple of my previous responses:

@HarryB wrote:

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hexa
Rising Star

i called talk talk, they say there is a ''freeze'' on the account. so i have to unfreeze it and call back in 24 hours. then they can contact BT and check the address. then god knows what happens.

also i've had to carry on with talk talk for another extra month, as this doesn't look like it's going to be resolved any time soon.

it's a kafka-esq nightmare

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@hexa it's really not so bad. It's called a migration and the delay is to prevent slamming. It allows both ISPs to confirm the change over so you can intervene if it's not what you want. 

In fact you don't need to talk to TalkTalk for a migration just PN and doing so may confuse the process. 

You will continue to receive your service from TalkTalk until PN take over the provision of phone and then broadband. Consider the payment to PN a deposit as they won't charge you till the date the service goes live.

Your phone line is the means for the broadband to be transmitted and has to be paid for such. The fact you don't use it as a phone is immaterial.

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
hexa
Rising Star

if id's know upfront what a hassle "migration" is i could have factored that in and not had to pay an extra two months to stay with talktalk while apparently the telecom umpaloompas need to hand craft my internetz in their willy wonka factory.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

As I said TalkTalk should just bill you till the migration happens, no action required by you.

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra