cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very poor start

jamesdelap

very poor start

I received an email to say my phone order would complete today (14th) and broadband next week (19th).  It never really occurred to me that this would mean no broadband service up to six days because why would an ISP think that this was an OK way to operate?  Even if there was some strange reason why this interruption was unavoidable, why would this not be highlighted to the customer in ten foot text so that they had the option of cancelling the order and running a mile.  I've spoken to the call centre and been offered a month free service but really I'm just stunned and an apology for there inability to do anything about the service interruption.  Ok this is very much a first world problem but there is no way I would have agreed to this if I had understood the offer.  Am I being unreasonable?  I wouldn't expect my Electricity provider to blithely cut off service for several days like this.  I can't express how disappointed I am in plusnet but it appears that all I can do is blow off steam here.

4 REPLIES 4
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: very poor start

Mine was the same but my internet activated alot sooner, im sure yours will too. Once you get connected u will feel much happier buddy

jamesdelap

I wish I shared your optimism but this was actually how plusnet planned it and they have confirmed that they cannot change the broadband activation date.  The call centre oppo had the grace to sound embarrassed.  I will feel happier once the service is restored but I will remain dissatisfied with Plusnet's approach to service.

jamesdelap

Live date now pushed back to 20th although it appears that PN are too embarrassed to proactively update me with this information

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Hi James,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Would I be correct in understanding that you are transferring to PlusNET from another supplier?  Are you moving from ADSL to fibre?

Like for like service moves can usually be undertaken via a SIM order, under which both phone and ADSL can transfer together.  A transfer involving a switch to fibre is more complicated and although can be planned as a SIM order can and do go wrong within BT Openreach's resourcing plans.

A transfer from a LLU provider such as Talk Talk or Sky is even more complicated as the phone line has to be 'returned' back to BT Openreach before services can be provided in the line.  It is particularly the case with LLU transfers that at the point of transferring the phone line, associated broadband services are also terminated by the existing supplier.

Much of this mess is down to how BT Openreach does things and their inability to manage more than one order on a line at any one time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.