Hooked

upgrade to fibre

Hi

email to say my change had started and would change over 16 march

2 emails for progress on router delivery

16th passed by no change so this morning checked my account service question

the only open one just tells me about the product change details

in hte closed ones is a service notice that states

the broadband service is being transfered to the 21C network and will take place 22 march.

Can anyone confirm that the change will take place on the 22nd

Why PN can you send me emails about the router but not inform me about the broadband change.

5 REPLIES 5
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: upgrade to fibre

I suppose PlusNet could have been quicker with their notification, but I guess their priority is to ensure you have the hardware delivered and in your hands before it takes place (which is dependent on a third party to physically do the change).

Better that way round than the change to happen, you don't have a VDSL router then your internet stops working.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Am I being thick? Can anyone explain to me the connection between being transferred to the 21C network and being upgraded to fibre?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1

Simples!  It's a foible of the old automation system and it's difficult to get the interface updated.Cry

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there.

Sorry about the lack of communication about your fibre order.

I can see our suppliers have delayed the upgrade until the 21st due to engineer availability.

You'll receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning advising the product change is complete. I'd expect the work to be carried out during normal business hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
roger_sutherden
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Thank you for that confirmation, it just seems strange to me how PN have set the system in terms of updates to the customer.  However it does seem to keep you busy so it cant be all bad.

Roger