cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited broadband only

crimsom
Hooked

Re: unlimited broadband only

Thank you @Gandalf for exploring the PlusNet Broadband Only sign up process.

It is curious that the first window says that its function is to "check your phone line and let you know the results." As previously mentioned, BT can check ability to receive reliable Broadband services using just the Telephone Number (independently of postal address). Despite unticking the get in touch box, entering a post code is mandated before processing is allowed to continue!

PlusNet_2.jpg  PlusNet_5.jpg

The first window selection allows to not "Enter your landline number (recommended)", the subsequent "We've found a working phone line at your property" window declares "You've told us that you don't have a phone number" and processing stops when neither of the two options is selected.

Creation of a logic flow diagram should have been used to refine the contents of these windows so that customer navigation is not impaired. 

crimsom
Hooked

Note that PlusNet Mobile allows Broadband Tethering to smart device (e.g. laptop) on all SIM-only plans. My laptop has a memory card reader port that will accept a SIM card. The mobile broadband speeds seem to be much better than the landline broadband speeds. Unlike other tethering providers, we did not find a PlusNet Mobile unlimited data plan (unless you know differently). 

crimsom
Hooked

Thank you @EmilyD for confirmation that PlusNet Unlimited Broadband Only would be available with a speed of around 7mbps for this potential customer. I was optimistic that the PlusNet speed would be around the advertised 16 Mbps (similar to my current ISP). 

Also thank you to all of this thread's contributors. Kind regards. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 730

Thanks for your feedback @crimsom Did you try signing up as a broadband only customer using your post code and landline phone number? Just wondering if that worked for you.

With regards to what speeds you can achieve, I think there's some confusion here. If ADSL2+ is available in your area then we'd be able to provide you with that broadband service. For your line, the estimated speed range is 8.5mbps to 19mbps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
crimsom
Hooked

Hello @Gandalf please note that @EmilyD commented on my earlier textural summary of the check on the BT landline for its ability to receive reliable Broadband services. ADSL2+ is available at my local cabinet, see image. Hope this helps to resolve any confusion. 

Broadband Availability checker.jpg

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @crimsom Aye. We'll provide all broadband customers ADSL2+ by default if it's available. 

If you choose to sign up your estimated speed range should be as DSL Checker advises for ADSL2+.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
crimsom
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf, thank you for the update that using ADSL2+ is the PlusNet Unlimited default. The ADSL checker that uses the telephone number matches your previously estimated 8.5 to 19 Mbps. 

Broadband Availability checker.jpgADSLChecker.TelephoneNumber

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem @crimsom let us know if there's anything else we'd be able to help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team