cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited broadband only

crimsom
Rising Star

Re: unlimited broadband only

Hi @Mads thanks for suggesting getting in contact with the PlusNet Sales Team to see if the unlimited broadband only activation fees could be removed or reduced. However, the PlusNet Sales Team's response is that broadband only activation fees are never removed or reduced. Kind regards. 

crimsom
Rising Star

The TV advertising of new customer deals, keeps renewing my interest in becoming a PlusNet customer. However, the no activation fee and £75 cashback deals are only for Unlimited Broadband & Phone. There are no new customer deals for Unlimited Broadband only, and the £35 or £50 activation fee remain. Continue to await OpenReach's upgrade of local cabinet so that PlusNet download speeds are not reduced to 7Mbps maximum and that upgrade will hopefully increase the download speeds of all PlusNet plans. Kind regards. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @crimsom To be clear about the speeds you’d get on standard broadband, this will not be limited to 7mbps. We will provide you the speeds of ADSL2+ which is estimated at between 8.5mbps and 19mbps for your line. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crimson
Grafter

Sorry not sure how to send pm or forward email, Gandalf, still receiving notifications for Crimsom when I am Crimson.  Similar names causing confusion but we will have different PlusNet email addresses.

Thank you

Crimson

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Crimson I think it’s because you’re subscribed to this topic. If you go to Post Options at the top you’ll be able to Unsubscribe.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crimson
Grafter

I do apologise - I could only see subscribe under Post Options and not unsubscribe.  Thanks for your help Gandalf.

Crimson

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Crimson Sorry I meant to say Thread Options. You should see Unsubscribe there. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
crimsom
Rising Star

Disappointingly the Black Friday deals scheduled for 22nd to 29th November 2019 do not include PlusNet's unlimited broadband only. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @crimsom

I'm afraid it's very rare we offer deals to broadband-only customers.

In addition from the 3rd of December, we'll no longer be offering this as an option to new customers

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @MatthewWheeler thank you for your prompt response, complete with the previously unknown PlusNet policy update that the existing Unlimited Broadband Only deals are to be closed to new customers on Monday the 2nd December 2019. There is currently no countdown of days remaining on the Unlimited Broadband Only web page to inform potential PlusNet customers. 

Please clarify any change of PlusNet policy for existing Unlimited Broadband Only customers. Will these packages persist, and can we get a different download speed package without being migrated to a PlusNet telephone package? 

Thank you in anticipation.  Kind regards. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @crimsom,

There is a dedicated page for the changes that are coming in on the 3rd December and it is listed there that:

"Please note that broadband without line rental packages will no longer be available to new customers from 3rd December 2019."

The above link will also provide information on any existing customer changes that are coming in with that update - anyone affected by any price changes will also receive an email detailing this information. The 'broadband only' package will still exist in our system, but if you changed packages (lets say from ADSL to add Fibre) you would be required to add a phone service too.

crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @JOLO thank you for the link to the PlusNet we're changing our prices. Closure of Unlimited Broadband Only deals for new customers is announced in a single bold line of text in the middle of this busy article (publication date unknown). This single line announcement is not repeated on the Broadband Only page and will undoubtably come as an unwelcome surprise to many potential new customers. Kind regards. 

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @crimsom,

Thank you for your feedback which I will be pass on to the relevant team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
crimsom
Rising Star

The Unlimited Broadband (no telephone) order is being processed.

The PlusNet Router has been hand delivered by Royal Mail, because it was not posted through my letter box. 

At 10:00 hours today an OpenReach Engineer told me that he is trying to find and correct the fault on my landline. 

Kind regards. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Crimson,

I'm glad to hear the order is currently processing. Please let us know how this goes and if there's any problems and we'll be happy to help out.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team