Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to signup to plusnet

FIXED
Pauly9
Grafter

trying to signup to plusnet

I tried switching to plusnet last week, but nothing seems to happen except "We've taken payment for your account"

There's an Automated Script Pool message which nobody ever answers:

17 Oct 2019 195220222 Awaiting support team answer

and no apparent way to ask my own question in 'help assistant'. The signup/transfer seems to have stalled because

"sign up was attempted, but failed because the telephone number is already in use..." with plusnet simply taking payment anyway, and then becoming uncontactable via help assistant.

Can some plusnet staff member please deal with the issue?

Thanks

Paul

15 REPLIES 15
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: trying to signup to plusnet

Hi @Pauly9 

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received an update. 

I have investigated your account and provided an update for you here

This does appear to be a records issue and we have escalated this to the correct department for investigation. 

Kind Regards

Pauly9
Grafter

Plusnet do not seem to have done anything except take credit card payment and bank details. There is no progress on the order; you've simply taken payment without providing any service or updates on order or resolving the problem or anything. What is going on please?  

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Pauly9

We're really sorry for the lack of updates. I have responded to your other thread and a member of our provisioning team is working on your account.

Kind regards

Pauly9
Grafter

As far as I can see you've nothing whatsoever.  Could you please now just refund all moneys to credit card and bank account you have taken; I no longer trust plusnet.  Please just cancel this order and refund all money. 

Thank you.

Paul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Pauly9  While I do apologise for the delay in getting the order in place, from reading the notes on your account I can see we got the ball rolling on the 29th October which is due to complete on the 13th November, this is the soonest is takes to transfer an active line from one provider to another. I appreciate that John Lewis Broadband is provided by Plusnet, however we have to follow the same process as if this was a migration from any other provider. 

If you want to cancel your order with Plusnet for a full refund, I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 as I'm afraid we're unable to take cancellation requests via our community forums. 

If you choose to carry on with your order with us, I'd be happy to take this on personally, double check the order is progressing OK once the supplier system is back up this afternoon following maintenance, and see this through to the end.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pauly9
Grafter

Thanks Gandalf but it wasn't the 29th October but the 17th.  Furthermore, despite "John Lewis" actually being plusnet, the help assistant tickets talk about problems on the line, installing phone lines, being unable to transfer broadband until phone line activated etc etc - all clearly nonsense. Unless you can provide some meaningful explanation of what's gone wrong, I have no trust in Plusnet. And from reading these forums it appears many people have problems with Plusnet and getting charged incorrectly etc.  The help assistant /ticket system just doesn't reflect the situation as you explain it in your forum post. There's just no reason to believe the order is progressing. What's gone wrong? and why did you  take credit card / bank payments weeks ago for a service you're not providing? [Yes, PLUSNET PLC  of Sheffield took 206.39 on 17th October - not this 29th October you/gandalf suggest is the start date for order].  I would be grateful if you would clarify. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Pauly9 

I understand what you've said however as per my previous response, I do apologise for the delay in us getting the ball rolling. The 13 day delay you had was due to our system failing to automatically put the order through to our suppliers and this needing manual intervention, I agree it shouldn't have taken 13 days and all I can do is apologise and move forward.

It appears the ball is now rolling as of the 29th and I plan to double check the order in the afternoon once our supplier systems are back up and running (There's currently a bit of routine maintenance going on)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Pauly9 I've checked this for you and everything's going through fine now for the 13th November.

Your broadband with us will also activate on this day. I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pauly9
Grafter

Thanks, It's now the 13th, so can you confirm it is activated and I should connect the router?  I was expecting email or some other indication the account is activated. Thanks

Paul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Afternoon Paul,

Just got in the office now and the transfer of the line is still committed for the 13/11/19.

It can take anytime up to midnight on the day and I'll let you know when it has completed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Pauly9  There is no need to wait for any confirmation, just get the router connected, it will either work or not if the service has not been activated yet. Nothing terrible will happen if it isn't activated.😊

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@RealAleMadrid Actually if a Plusnet router pre-configured to the account is setup before the account is activated, it can cause issues with the hardware management system which means that once the account is activated, the router likely won't connect automatically.

Having said that, I've since activated the account a while ago so @Pauly9 should be able to connect now. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pauly9
Grafter

Thanks, it seems to be working now; I can connect as you say. I'm not sure what the advantages of using the new versus old router/modem are, but will investigate that later - I'm just pleased it actually works for now. Thanks for your help. Paul