cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strCustActivationDate

cbcadmin
Grafter

strCustActivationDate

Is this just a broken bit of coding or is it just my order?

I noticed the same error back in 2019, but that person's order had to go through manually.

"Current step.
ACTIVATING YOUR LINE
Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. Your broadband order should complete on {strCustActivationDate}. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens."

Can customers alter the date?

Can someone in Plusnet tell me the value of $strCustActivationDate, which I assume is what the above code should be?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: strCustActivationDate

Thanks for your post @cbcadmin and apologies for the delayed response.

From what I can see the orders are complete now and you're online.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbcadmin
Grafter

Re: strCustActivationDate

I love the way you avoid answering questions. Sad

Yes, my router finally arrived half hour after you took over my phone line. Quite why these can't be sent out a couple of days before activation is beyond me.

Had to wait in a queue listening to musac on the phone line because you hadn't activated the broadband. This is the third or fourth time I have had to do this. It seems you wait for the customer to contact you before you activate the line.

Website just sits there when I try to order a fixed IP. Luckily I have a noIP account, so I can access my webcam.

In all not a great experience for a "new" customer, but perhaps I expect too much?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7