cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still haven't received a letter

pmjsr1

still haven't received a letter

Hi moving from skyand my order was placed with you 1st February and my sky ending 14/2/17

i thought by now I would have had at least a letter from you. is there anybody who can check my order to see that everything is in place and no problems

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: still haven't received a letter

pmjsr1

Well I am checking my emails and my phone regular but I haven't heard anything about an activation date at all. When can I expect to hear of your company with a date as I don't want to be without internet?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@pmjsr1

I would call them if I was you. 

It is a free call from any UK landline or UK mobile

0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@pmjsr1 wrote:

as I don't want to be without internet?

Have you cancelled the Sky account? The way switching works is that the old ISP connection should stay active until the new service starts with perhaps just a gap of a few hours.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pmjsr1

I already cancelled sky at the end of last month but it is still live at the moment. But If plusnet can't guarantee a switch over in time I am inclined to cancel the order with plusnet and going back to sky.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You've gone about this the wrong way.

If you cancel Sky, Plusnet (or any other ISP) won't be able to even order the connection on your line until the Sky service has terminated.

You should have just ordered with Plusnet. This generates the notification to Sky via BT Wholesale who then have two weeks to check with you that you do intend to change supplier. When the switch happens Sky are notified of the termination.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've looked into your account @pmjsr1 and I can see we are unable to progress your orders with our suppliers because there is an open cease on the line for the 14th February.

Once this has completed we will be able to restart your line and then place your fibre order. Alternatively, you would need to contact your current provider to remove the open cease order.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button