cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service start nightmare

Mak_H
Hooked

service start nightmare

hi. i was supposed to have my broadband and phone switched to plusnet on 30th april. we were told we could keep our existing landline and would even recieve a £75 bonus cheque on activation. bonus!

on the day before activation our service was cut as expected. on the next day it started up again with great download speeds but no phone service. we bought a wired phone hoping that it was our wireless kit at fault. we contacted plusnet and were told it was being looked into and monitored.

some days later the broadband stopped and never came back. we were eventually informed that our line number had been  quarantined. after 2 weeks of no phone service and being told our number was at least weeks away from being returned we were compelled to agree to take any number just to get back in communication..i have an expensive pay-as-you-go phone i rarely needed because i pay for a landline.

my patner and i work in essential/key/highrisk/contact roles and people are wisely unwilling to lend us their phones and keyboards to contact our loved ones, friends, workplaces, banks, unions etc. THIS IS CAUSING HUGE STRESS.

we have just recently got phone service returned, customer services said they'd contact us "within a day or two of activation" to talk about broadband activation and how to lodge a complaint or recieve some form of compensation..that hasnt happened either. just recieved an email(i have to tap into a neighbours wifi) saying billing has started for phone and broadband.

disgusted, may as well be called "[-Censored-]". tired of messages containing "stay safe" and "monitoring".

13 REPLIES 13
Mak_H
Hooked

Re: service start nightmare

seriously! youve autocensored the word M-i_n-u-s n-e-t!? says it all

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Who are you transferring from?

Have you looked for more information or ticket in the member centre?

Mak_H
Hooked

hi mustrum. we came from talktalk. i know, they dont exactly shine either. the pnet sales team told us we could keep our number no problem. its the delays in every piece of information we get from plusnet. i know the service is stressed. wish we'd stayed where we were but we're locked into this mess. no advance on ticket and they never called back as they said they would. 3 weeks without a landline till 3 days ago, and still no internet.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

Ah OK, not sure why, but transfers in from TT seem to be problematic.

Hopefully one of the helpful PN staff will see this thread and help out - but ne patient, they are a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mak_H
Hooked

thanks mustrum, i know, but been patient trying to get this sorted for 3 weeks now. got the exta pressures of our work and health on my back too. having to use a half dead pc to get online with a neighbours wifi. most of my various account details are stuck on the good pc but the only wifi card i have wont fit that one! lost an established phone number, temporarily locked out of my banking and payslips, corespondance with press on whistleblowing. just so much time wasted, clearly i wont be getting to make a complaint to anyone in authority, be compensated for all the grief, waiting for calls i was told to expect and ive started paying for a service i cant fully use. taken next week off sick with stress: work related, but this is the icing on the turdcake.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

The Complaints Code of Practice is at the fotter of every page, I suggest a read of that and follow up whilst you wait. 

I won't respond any more on here in the mean time, as staff tend to go to the oldest posts awaiting help.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone. I understand you'd like to keep the new number now. I'm really sorry for all the delays so far and as promised I'll be back in touch next Monday to check that the broadband is working and to arrange a good will gesture to resolve your complaint.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mak_H
Hooked

Hi adamwalker - its not that we'd "Like" to keep the new number, its that we'd already started telling our contacts to update to the new number we Needed to take, "like" hasn't come into this at all! we just needed to get a phone-line going and after weeks of nothing we took that number..and if it aint broke.. dont fix it. but that's done now, at least we can contact and be contacted again.

Broadband came on early monday morning, it dropped out for a while again but i understand that is to be expected occasionally over the first 10 or so days of new service.

Hoping you'll be following up with that "good will gesture" phone call as promised.

The Mrs reckons we should just pull out and switch after this(the lack of a landline hit her the most-even had her mum telling people she was scared to call her daughter in case she was hiding bad news of a workplace infection), probably no service for a month is grounds to do so.. but im still in the if it aint broke dont fix it mood. nice if you can offer something decent to cool her down please!

Hope to hear from you soon - a call after 3pm tue or wed, or before 2pm thurs be good due to workhours.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, thanks for letting me know. 

I'll certainly do my best in terms of a good will gesture to make up for the issue. Would it be OK to give you a call tomorrow? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mak_H
Hooked

I'll be on the edge of my seat!

Mak_H
Hooked

will you be calling back?

panda25
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Good afternoon

I can see that my colleague tried to contact you on the following ticket, and he is going to call you on Monday to discuss your account further. 

If you have any questions please let us know.

Jo

Jo Clark
 Plusnet Help Team