FIXED
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: router may not arrive in time

I can see a colleague of mine is investigating this for you

We'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Update:
New router has come. Plugged it all in and still no connection, solid orange light.
Phoned plusnet support and they asked me to log into the router. Like last time it said setup@plusdsl.net he asked me to put my username@plusdsl.net and password in. Still no connection. He did line test that was showing sync at 40meg download and 3meg upload. He then contacted bt wholesale that did a test their end came back no fault. He also contacted bt wholesale and asked them to disconnect and reconnect remotely then leave it a while. He phoned back we logged into router again to try to connect but still not working. BT openreach engineer booked for Monday afternoon. Seems strange he can see the sync but won't connect.
Kimberlin
Rising Star

I hope this doesn't come across as in any way patronistic, but you are putting your password in that was set up for your actual account and not the one you use to access this forum? I have accidentally done that myself in the past and mucked about for two hours before I realised I was using the wrong password and funny old thing, once I'd put the right password in, it connected without any issues. I hope you sort it soon.

Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

Hi thanks for your reply.

It is definitely my account password. It's the same password the manager gave me yesterday all lowercase.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Kris_the_Joiner wrote:
Hi thanks for your reply.

It is definitely my account password. It's the same password the manager gave me yesterday all lowercase.

It's the same password the manager gave me

Oops, that shouldn't be possible.
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

I asked for a new password because we had doubts that my password was correct so I asked if there was any way we could change it. A manager then gave me a temporary password. It's fine.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear it's still not working

Let us know how you get on after the visit

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

Fix
Bt open reach engineer just gone. After a lot of testing and heads stratching and phone calls he's got my internet working.

Apparently something has gone wrong with the migration from talktalk to plusnet and something to do with a profile build not been done properly so he got someone to build a new profile and hey presto I'm online.

Thank you guys
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

Thanks to plusnet support for getting open reach out so quickly and getting my internet working.

Not sure whose at fault regarding the setting up of profile during migration. But hope my case can go along way in training engineers and plusnet support personnel.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Kris_the_Joiner

Thanks for sharing this with us as it is good feedback, please get back to us if you need any further support.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team