Did you mean: 

router may not arrive in time

FIXED
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter
Fixes: 1

router may not arrive in time

hello

im due to switch over to plusnet from talktalk on thursday 14th. as today is 12th and not received router i was starting to get worried. contacted plusnet and been told its not been ordered. its now being ordered and can take 3-5 days to deliver so its looking like going to be without internet on thursday. moved from talktalk due to their unreliability and customer service but this isnt a good start.

so im wondering if there is any techbods on here that might be able to advise me on if theres a way on logging onto my current talk talk router and changing the settings to ones that would work on plusnet service so that i may get some sort of internet untill plusnet router comes through the post.

many thanks in advance

24 REPLIES 24
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: router may not arrive in time

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 514

@Kris_the_Joiner

I think the routers are sent out first class and are often received the next day.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately I believe that TalkTalk routers are locked so you wouldn't be able to use it.

We'll get our router to you as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

Update:
My router came at 3pm on activation day however wouldn't connect.

Had orange light on router. Followed instructions in booklet logged into router to find username was set to setup@plusdsl.net. I phoned plusnet support and they told me to enter my username@plusdsl.net and my password still won't connect. They did line tests they came back as fine. Also put onto a manager to give me a new password just incase I was putting my original password in wrong but with new password still not connecting.
Support sending me a new router out to try.

Is there anything I could try with this router that adviser may have missed?

Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect with your router.

Not entirely sure why we're sending you another one, as our tests are showing no connection attempts coming into the wholesale network at all so the problem is more likely to lie there.

I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know when you've completed it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

He got me to enter bt.domain as a username and my password in the password box but from reading another post on the forum I should have entered test in the password box so I'm going to try it now and post back my results
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

I've entered bt_test_user@plusdsl.net and testing as password. It did not connect to the internet
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

Also tried

bt_test@startup_domain and testing in the password

Still no connection
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

@Gandalf I've just tried the link and it's asking me if lights are on the open reach modem that question isn't applicable because I don't have openreach modem just plusnet router so I don't really know what to do next
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

From what Gandalf advised no attempted connection are even making it to the network. So this is either no sync or a network issue. For the question itself it's asking this but based on the old system with the modem.

The equivelent for the hub one is "is the main light flashing or solid? Or is there a "b" symbol showing, and is this flashing or solid?"

If either light is flashing then say no the dsl/sync lights on the Openreach modem are flashing or off. If everything is solid then yes the Openreach modem light is on.
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

Hello.
I have the hub one. I have solid orange bar light and a solid orange b symbol that
Stays lit most of the time and goes off for a few secs. Hope this helps
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

That would be an authentication issue then-likely a network issue. Best bet in that case is raise the fault as Gandalf suggested. When you get to the question of whether the Openreach modem has a solid broadband/sync/dsl light-yes it would. What this is saying us the connection is getting to the exchange, but losing it somewhere after that but before reaching Plusnet. Likely it's a fault in the network as if it was your log on details that should have been picked up already.
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

I dont understand it all.
All I know is the advisor on the phone said he thinks this router wasnt set up right before being sent out to me. I asked him if there was any line issues or equipment issue at the exchange he said test come back ok and he can see right through to my router he even tried to reset it and send settings his way to me
Kris_the_Joiner
Grafter

I'm not surprised if it does turn out to be the exchange. It's only a week ago that we lost internet with talktalk. They sent their own brightsparks engineer out who came with a replacement router he couldn't get connection. Turned out to be authenticating issue. Talktalk said it was equipment in exchange. They contacted open reach. Internet was back on the next day but I never knew the real reason. Talktalk said it was the exchange. And an open reach engineer said they think talktalk had switched me off out of spite for requesting to move to plusnet. I just want internet back on.

Also can someone put caller id on for me. I have requested it but it's yet to be put on