Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recently upgraded to fibre, new pricing announcements

FIXED
david76
Hooked

recently upgraded to fibre, new pricing announcements

Hi

I have very recently upgraded from adsl broadband to fibre unlimited with expected speeds of 38 up and 2 down. Activation is on 6th july.

The line rental is currently 16.99. I have just noticed the recent announcements to the price changes

and speed of the fibre unlimited product due to take place on 1st august.

As I have just upgraded and in contract will I be affected by the new line rental price and change in speed (upto 52mbps / 9mbps down). I have received no email to say so, yet.

Many thanks

David.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: recently upgraded to fibre, new pricing announcements

Fix

Your line rental will go up but your speeds won't change as you're on 40/2 and not 40/20.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
david76
Hooked

many thanks for the quick reply.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

There's a banner/FAQ on our homepage, www.plus.net

Emails will be going out to all customers with at least 30 days notice prior to the increase taking effect in September.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
seanbone007

question is, if you signed up just several months ago and was not aware of a price increase, can you cancel without penalty? seems unfair to pay extra for phone and broadband when you moved from another supplier that was also expensive. thanks

david76
Hooked

I guess the only way to avoid the line rental increase is to take advantage of the line rental saver option and pay for the year, but before the 1st September.

I wonder if the fibre unlimited product will change from 38/2 to a new 52/2 for new customers ?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@seanbone007

Once you get the email from Plusnet telling you of the changes to your contract then yes you can move away without the early exit fees. The email will be sent at sometime between now and the 1st August as the changes happen on the1st September and Plusnet have to give at least 30 days notice.

One word of warning, if you have paid for your telephone line using Line Rental Saver (paying for 12 months in advance), Plusnet will not refund any of the unused months.

@david76

Plusnet has said many times in the past few days, that 55/10 is not for sale to anyone and they have no plans to do so. It is only going to those people on the legacy 40/20 package.

The reason is that 40/20 is not a wholesale product so Plusnet had to buy 80/20 and limit the download. The only FTTC wholesale products are 40/2, 40/10, 55/10,80/20 and Plusnet only want to supply products that are available to them. Plusnet have chosen to sell to new and existing customers 40/2 and 80/20 only (with the noticeable exception of the 40/20 being transferred to 55/10).

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT