cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We've found a potential problem..."

FIXED
v7john

"We've found a potential problem..."

...on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly".

I arranged a switch to Plusnet in a phone call on 21st September with a delayed start date of 26 October when my contract with BT is up. I've been to the broadband order checker and found this comment next to "Checking your line".

As no one has been in touch I thought would raise it here. I see that others have queried this in the past with various outcomes but have no idea which one might apply to me.

My current arrangement is fibre to cabinet and gives an actual speed of 70mbs (50yds to the cabinet) so I can't see what the issue might be.

4 REPLIES 4
v7john

Re: "We've found a potential problem..."

Well, we're one week further on and the order tracker is still stuck at "We've found a potential problem on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly". However, I've still had absolutely no contact from Plusnet who have 2 phone numbers and an email address for me.

Tried phoning customer service a few days ago but after 50 mins had to give up.

This start to my new contract doesn't bode well for the future does it?

A big worry is that PN said they would contact BT to end my contract and I can see me ending up with no internet or phone line soon.

Just worked out how to raise a question on-line. Question #207204714. Let's see if this does any good. My previous comment added to another open question has gone unanswered so...

Tags (2)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @v7john 

I'm sorry for the delay with your order. Unfortunately we had an issue with automatically submitting this to our suppliers due to an address matching issue how your address is listed on Openreach's systems. I've got round this issue by manually placing the order with our suppliers and we'll confirm your transfer date within the next 24 to 48 hours. 

Unfortunately as there isn't 10 working days between now we've successfully placed the order and the 26th October, we won't be able to transfer your service on that day, but your service should carry on working until the day we take it over. 

I've added a bit more detail about your address on the support ticket Here.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
v7john

Thanks for your help with this and you are correct. I predicted this was the problem and mentioned it when signing up by phone. The two house names refer to the same house. BT (and only BT) insist on using the English version of the name whereas everyone else uses the Welsh version. I've tried to get it changed in the past but...

Thanks again.

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem John, we'll make sure that's updated once the transfer completes Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet