cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order" - 9 days and counting...

Whatever1

"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order" - 9 days and counting...

Hi Plusnet community,

I recently terminated by Sky broadband package and moved to Plusnet. The fibre broadband was supposed to be activated on 9th February. I received a message saying that my Home Phone service was ready but there had been a problem progressing my broadband order on the activation day.

Since then I received several messages that neither explain the cause of the problem nor how long it would take to resolve it. I also spoke to a member of the call centre who also was unable to explain what the issue was.

I work from home and the entire last week I had to find an alternative office space at extra cost to be able to do my work online.

Just wondering how long I am expected to wait for the activation or any detail and timeline around it?

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: "There's been a problem progressing your broadband order" - 9 days and counting...

Hi there, 

I'm sorry to see things we're delayed but it looks like your order has since completed and the service is now working. 

If there's anything you need help with or to follow-up on due to this please just let me know. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Whatever1

Re: "There's been a problem progressing your broadband order" - 9 days and counting...

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your reply. Can you double check your source please? I've got the below yesterday and no update since.

Quote:
I have managed to get an engineer assigned to complete the work on your fibre connection. Unfortunately the next engineer is not available until March so we will need to contact our suppliers and request that they bring the date forward. We are not able to do that at this stage, however once we have your go live date we will send you a message with the date on it.

If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. You can reply to this ticket through the Member Centre or you can call us on 0800 432 0200.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Internal - Please request expedite on 3-423696150701 due to original live date 09/02/18.

[Email notification sent to:...]

[Sms Message: I've managed to get an engineer assigned to complete work on your connection.The next engineer is not available until March so we will need to contact our suppliers and request that they bring the date forward. We are not able to do that at this stage, however once we have your go live date we will contact you.
PlusNet]

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Note if this service is so important for your work, then I hope that this is NOT a residential service - not only is it not allowed under the T&Cs, residential services have a 72 hour (typical) repair time from BTOR, whereas business grade services tend to be next working day.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/ [Plusnet Standard Terms]

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

[-Censored-], red cards?
Whatever1

No worries there, it is a residential service. I've sprained my ankle and my employer allows me to work flexibly from home until I can return.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Browni wrote:
[-Censored-], red cards?

Geezz!!

Some will find overtones in any thing - have a different attention grabbing colour instead if red so offends (seems good enough from most if its the labour party!) - rather than reading the message.

The OP made a specific point that the non-availability of the service is impacting their ability to work.  If the service is that critical then a residential service is not appropriate.  We see a lot of work-at-home users on here jumping up and down because their ability to work / earn is impacted and thereby expect an expedited service ... which is what the business products offer.

As the OP has indicated, their business use requirement is transient.  I hope their service is installed soon, but more importantly that their injuries are soon mended.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Whatever1

Hey guys,

Understand where everyone is coming from and don't mind the colour red. Ts&Cs are there for a reason so it's sensible to double check and remind some users.

I just want my internet to work - it's too cold to be out and about every evening Wink Geez, makes you realise how Netflix addicted I may have become...

Cheers

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We do understand where you are coming from.

If you need us for anything else please feel free to give us a shout. 

Thanks. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Whatever1,

I'm sorry to see your order isn't complete yet as previously advised. I've had a look over the account and the order and see an expedite request was submitted with our suppliers earlier today, while we've not yet had a response confirming an expected activation date for the expedite, our provisioning team are monitoring the order and will be sure to let you know once we've got more information from our suppliers.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience cause by this delay and I can assure you we're doing all we can to get you online as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet