cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet protect removed on upgrade to fibre?

FIXED
yearlyswitcher

plusnet protect removed on upgrade to fibre?

fibre to the cabinet upgrade went live today, 20 minute outage including the phone (which they said wouldn't happen) but fortunately didn't affect anything and all good since.

however...just had an email telling me that plusnet protect has ended. This is a total surprise, wasn't mentioned anywhere. Searching reveals that this has happened previously but I can't find anything more recent than a year ago.

I was promised plusnet protect for 2 years, contracts work both ways so distinctly unimpressed. Anyone know the actual situation please?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 421

Re: plusnet protect removed on upgrade to fibre?

I believe Plusnet protect is free with standard Broadband and Unlimited Fibre Extra (74Mb) products, but chargeable with the Unlimited Fibre (36Mb) product

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

yearlyswitcher

thanks for reply. Not acceptable as I was not told this would happen, they cannot just remove things from a contract on a whim. Will get in touch with customer services tomorrow (too late when I received the email, funny that...) and complain.

There are other broadband providers.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@yearlyswitcher  You changed contract, your new contract does not include Plusnet Protect which would not bother me as in my opinion it is virtually useless.

You should have checked the terms and conditions of your new contract, I don't think you can expect Plusnet to inform you of the all the differences in detail.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Fix

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for what had happened. I can see you've since spoken with an agent who has re-added Plusnet Protect for you making sure the service is fully discounted for the remainder of your contract which I hope helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet