cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet Live Chat

Mystic_Merlin

plusnet Live Chat

I have no broadband or an active phone line at home at the mo & so over the last few days I've been looking at what is on offer from quite a few providers & tonight I decided to use the Live Chat on the PlusNet site to ask some questions. It didn't take long before I started speaking to [CSA Removed] & he answered my questions with one of them being about a static IP address. Anyway, not long later I connected again & the one PlusNet rep transferred me to [CSA Removed] again after I asked the following.

I've just been speaking to an agent but I've remembered that I've got a few more questions to ask if you don't mind.

I haven't got a telephone line at the moment but there was one years ago but it's not working now. So what if first like to ask is do I get a new phone number of I were to choose PlusNet for a broadband & phone package? Or can I have the old phone number that used to be on the telephone line?
And if I were to go with PlusNet & the telephone line has to be re-activated, does the telephone engineer need access into the house? Thank you.

So, can anyone on here answer my questions & have I just witnessed first hand the sort of customer service that I could expect if I were to sign up to one of PlusNet's packages?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

4 REPLIES 4
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: plusnet Live Chat

I believe that because your phone line has not been active for some time now, it is now classed as a ceased line.

Therefore, any new phone service on the actual physical line falls in to category of a new line installation.

Also, due to the line being ceased for 'years', your old phone number will more than likely have been issued to somebody else by now, so I would have to say that you would be given a new number.

I would think that an engineer would need access, but that would depend on what type of phone socket you have at the moment. Feel free to either post a picture of it or provide a website link to an image of one.

There is a cost of £49.99 from Plusnet for providing a new line (they might waive this fee, but that is up to them so please don't count on them doing so) and I would have to say that an engineer visit would be required too.

You may wish to read the following link as it should be of some use to you - Plusnet phone price guide (the first drop down menu also gives a link regarding an engineer charge)

The above link may also help answer your questions or indeed raise more.

Please note that I am a customer of Plusnet and thus not an employee. They should hopefully reply (or possibly another customer) to your post and possibly correct anything that I have written that is incorrect.

Mystic_Merlin

Thank you so much for your time in answering my post DS. I've yet to click on that guide etc but will do a bit later.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Mystic_Merlin.

@Mystic_Merlin wrote:

I haven't got a telephone line at the moment but there was one years ago but it's not working now. So what if first like to ask is do I get a new phone number of I were to choose PlusNet for a broadband & phone package?

It's extremely likely to be a new number.

@Mystic_Merlin wrote:

And if I were to go with PlusNet & the telephone line has to be re-activated, does the telephone engineer need access into the house? Thank you.

@DS wrote:

I believe that because your phone line has not been active for some time now, it is now classed as a ceased line.

Therefore, any new phone service on the actual physical line falls in to category of a new line installation.

There's not a huge amount I can add on to what @DS has advised, however if you'd like to drop me a PM with the address details, I'd be happy to check the details and see if there is a stopped line showing that we'd be able to restart remotely Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Mystic_Merlin wrote: (snipped) Thank you so much for your time in answering my post DS.

No problem at all @Mystic_Merlin Smiley

I would take the advice given by HarryB, rather than make another call (just yet anyway) Wink

@HarryB Thanks Thumbs_Up