cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone has been cut off by BT but not yet received anything from plusnet

prcritoph

phone has been cut off by BT but not yet received anything from plusnet

please could someone look into this as you online chat is non functioning and i cannot wait over an hour on a mobile phone to try the phone line.

i placed an order for phone and broadband on the 20th and got a confirmation email saying things would be sorted within ten days. since then i have heard nothing from yourselves and have not received my router. my username is prcritoph

BT however have sent me letter and on the 4th of december have cut off my phone! i still seem to have broadband with them though?Huh

i find this lack of communication and lack of assistance extremely frustrating, for a company which prides itself on customer satisfaction you would think your support systems would be functional!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: phone has been cut off by BT but not yet received anything from plusnet

Hi there.

I'm really sorry for the issues with your order and the lack of communication thus far regarding this.

I've got in touch with our suppliers and they've advised me that the transfer order is stuck in their systems, which has ultimately resulted in the cease part of the order being completed, but not the provide part, which led to your line ceasing. Sad

Unsure how you've still got an active broadband service when the line is ceased, but that's good. I've placed an order to reactivate the ceased phone line, which should happen on the 10/12/2018.

I've had to place the order providing you with a new telephone number, because your own phone number is currently still reserved on the stuck transfer order.

Once the stuck order is cancelled and your line is up and running, I'll try to renumber your line, though due to the way numbers are allocated I can't guarantee 100% I can get it back, but I'll do my best.

When that's sorted, I'll place the broadband order and order your router. I'll then ask our suppliers to expedite the broadband for the soonest possible completion date due to the issues you've encountered.

I'll update you in the afternoon on Monday (I start work at 1:30).

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for waiting.

I've now been able to place an order to renumber your line back to what it was. This should complete tomorrow.

Once that's done I'll place your broadband order which may take 10 working days

This is because it looks like your broadband service is actually still live.

[edit]

Realised I've placed your broadband order yesterday, but it looks like it was cancelled by our suppliers due to you having broadband already on the line, even though my intention was to transfer the service.

As the renumber order is going through, we'd need to wait until that completes before trying to place the broadband order again, but once your line is renumbered I'll contact our suppliers before attempting it just to double check things.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just a post back to confirm that your line has been renumbered, and your fibre service is due to transfer to us on the 01/01/2019. As I'm off that day, I'll check back on the 02/01/2019 but if you need any assistance on the day please feel free to reply back here, or call us on 0800 432 0200.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet