cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone activation - how long until broadband

pjb77
Dabbler

phone activation - how long until broadband

Hi PN, I got an email saying phone order is completed but you need to await your supplier records to update before placing the broadband order. 

Whats this mean in english regarding what rough activation dates I can expect for the broadband. 

Thanks,

Jude

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: phone activation - how long until broadband

If it is a fibre service you are ordering (FTTC) it could be a while, say a few days for the BT records to be updated, then at least 10 days for the fibre order to complete but probably longer because of Christmas holidays and shortage of BT Openreach engineers. So I guess it will be some time in January 2018. This is probably not what you wanted to hear.Sad

pjb77
Dabbler

wow that would be painful. I did just speak to someone and we are getting normal broadband expected to be activated in 4-5 days. 

The fibre order should be placed tomorrow and we can manage with normal for a while. I'm using my phone 3g to work from home - lol anything gotta be better. 

Does it make a diff if the previous owners had fibre?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @pjb77.

There's some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is we appear to have placed an ADSL order, meaning it will ultimately take longer to get you on to the fibre service you've ordered.

The good news on this error, is you should have some sort of broadband over the Christmas period as the ADSL order is expected to complete on 21/12/17.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes, however I do hope it actually results in less inconvenience given there should now be a broadband connection sooner rather than later.

Once your ADSL order completes, we'll get the fibre order placed as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet