cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pending order of broadband

KamilSJaron

pending order of broadband

Hi there, is Plusnet setting up broadband lines for new customers? I have placed an order almost three weeks ago, which had to be reviewed due to a system error on 14th of March. I received the router, but the only thing I heard since is that my "phone order was cancelled", which I honestly don't mind, I care about the broadband order only. It seems that only thing that is pending is setting up the line, which was originally estimated to take 10 - 12 working days.

I know these are difficult times. However, I would not urge you for anything. I am not switching from another provider, I am WiFi less in a quarantine, which makes my life really difficult right now. At the same time, it should not be that complicated to set things up, as the occupants of my flat had their broadband from Plusnet before.

Plus net is the easiest, but not the only option to get connected. If you are running out of resources and there is no chance that I will get connected any time soon, please, let me know, so i can search for alternative solutions to my quarantine internet abstention.

2 REPLIES 2
KamilSJaron

Re: pending order of broadband

Yesterday, I received a mysterious email:

We have been notified of a change on your order by our suppliers.  One of our team will be looking in to it, and will be in touch.

but I still have no other information. Hard to say what is happening!

KamilSJaron

Re: pending order of broadband

I got a response on Twitter

Can you confirm if there's a phone socket in the property? If so can you connect a phone to it and dial 17070 and advise what number is read back to you? It would be ideal if you can test this as without it we'd need to install a new line and those are on hold until June due to the Coronavirus pandemic

I do have a line (Master Socket 5C by Openreach), but I don't have a phone. I will try to find a way to get a phone, but any advice on other alternatives would be helpful.