cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ordered fibre, we don't have fibre

pjb77
Dabbler

ordered fibre, we don't have fibre

Beginning of Dec we ordered Fibre. Issues with the line take over, so unlimited was installed and when that was completed a fibre order was placed which I thought was completed on the 12th Jan. 

At the time there was an amazon cash back offer, which we were told we would get. So last week I chatted to enquire about this twice. Both times I stated it was on the fibre offer and explained how we had to have unlimited and then upgrade. 

I've only just realised, we are still on unlimited and have never been upgraded to Fibre. 

So what on earth was the order that was completed on the 12th for? Why did your chat team not pick this up? and why on the last chat did I get told the 'account was never activated' you should get an email now, to which I did get an email, but it didn't say what was activated. 

This plusnet seems to be a big of mess and I'm not holding for 15m to get through to you on the phone. Really disappointed with plusnet now after being a happy previous customer and bigging you up Sad 

4 REPLIES 4
pjb77
Dabbler

Re: ordered fibre, we don't have fibre

wow - you guys have gone right down hill. 

So ordered and had broadband activated in Dec. Then apparently something else was activated in Jan and then apparently the ADSL was activated in Feb. Despite us having broadband since December and you charging us since December. 

So instead of looking at what we originally ordered your sales guy just tried to sell us an upgrade at £30.98... which I queried, he then reduced to £29.98 and when I mentioned that the original offer was £28.50 he said he could do £28.98 for 2 years. The original offer was for 18 months mate. 

Absolutely no information on what happened in Jan and Feb - and then a blatant upsell and now I see new customers are being offered £24.99 which as we've been messed about by plusnet, we should be entitled to. 

After years of recommending Plusnet you are now so disappointing. Terrible Terrible service. I guess I'm not going to get a response and will have to copy and paste this into a formal complaint letter for that to be ignored. I'd expect this from BT but not plusnet, I guess you are becoming more BT esq as time goes on. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your experience and to see how this has been handled on your account.

I can confirm your fibre order did complete on the 12th, but your account type wasn't changed to fibre so we've essentially been capping the speed at the maximum speed that Unlimited (ADSL) can offer which is 21mbps.

Though testing your fibre line I can see your router is in sync at 24mbps and as it's within your estimates of between 22mbps and 32mbps as shown here it's unlikely you'll be able to achieve more due to the length of your line.

From looking through your account I can see the sales adviser that created your account left notes here to advise of the cost of your fibre service plus the cashback offer. I'm sorry that it doesn't appear these notes were read.

I'll change your account type over to fibre now and I'll make sure those notes are honoured.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the poor experience you've had and I'll also make sure we pass feedback where appropriate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pjb77
Dabbler

thank-you Gandalf for the response and the proper explanation, thats very helpful and we are now getting 32mbs.

Can you confirm that this is on the original price discussed in December, and will the new activation due on the 8th March be cancelled? 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi there

I can confirm you are now back to the original price agreed back in December and the new activation due on 8th March has been cancelled. 

I do apologise for the issues you have encountered, if you require any further assistance don't hesitate to get back in contact.

Thanks 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team