cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order update

candleman
Hooked

order update

Last Saturday 28th March, I ordered via the online portal, new broadband and home phone change from BT for my brother who is disabled and lives in sheltered accommodation which is lockdown. We hoped to get him online for the first time so that he can video call as he can't great out and is not allowed visitors in his flat.

We intended to do this over the phone but couldn't get through, so with the help of the online chat operator called Jeff, we placed the order on my laptop which was hooked up to my mobile, sitting in the complex car park as I'm not allowed inside. Unfortunately the connection dropped before I could save the front screen and order details. The money has gone out of his account (£24.99 on 30th March) and we were promised that the account would be active in 5 days but I can't log in and and his new email is not active. No one has been in contact with him to advise when his account will be activated or provide an update as to when he might be receiving the router.

I have all his contract details (apart from the order No) and I normally deal with the majority of his financial matters.

I am a Plusnet customer having broadband, home phone and mobile accounts.

Can someone from support PM me so that we can discuss privately as we can't get through on the phone.

Best rergards

Candleman

8 REPLIES 8
candleman
Hooked

Re: order update

Hello Plusnet,

Anyone listening? Can someone please help.

Regards

Candleman

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Bumping your own post is not inly against the forum rules you agreed on sign up, but also puts your query to the bottom of the queue.

That said, it is not just you that is not allowed in the complex, Openreach will not be allowed in, as they can't enter any homes at the moment, so your order if it did go through, will not be able to be progressed.

Getting phone lines into such complexes can be difficult even in normal times.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note Post used as a bump removed. Bumping is against Forum rules.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
candleman
Hooked

Mustrum,

Apologises for the abruptness of my post but if that what it took to get reply then so be it. I accept the rebuke and will follow guidelines in future.

Just for the record I would like to point out his order is for standard broadband not fibre, he already has phone line with BT, Plusnet has had his money since 30th March and we were promised that the account would be active in 5 days with transfer in 10 days, 15 days tops. We cannot access his account and he has no email set up yet and no one has contacted him, so we have no way of knowing what’s going on. All of this is explained in my earlier post.

I appreciate that due to covid-19 things are running slower but both my brother Ivan and I have been unable to contact anyone by phone and he would get confused with the whole "press 1 for” routine in any case which is why I deal with his accounts in most cases.

Apologises again.

Best regards
Candleman
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@candleman  I share your frustration, and I would have expected a reply from PN or even an escalation from a Superuser by now..

Not sure if PN still does Broadband only deals, I had thought they had stopped - but splitting phone and broadband on different providers never seems a good idea to me.

I am tagging in a couple who may be able to help @Gandalf  @Townman 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi @candleman

A warm welvv CG one to the forums. I’ll escalate this topic but it might not have much effect. Like many business still operating, Plusnet do have many staff off in self isolation.

Plusnet do not do broadband only services, therefore the phone line will be part of the transfer process. Under Ofcom anti slamming rules, there is a 14 day elapsed (10 working days) cooling off period before a change of CP can be effected, during which time the existing supplier has to advise the consumer of the intention of the new CP. Such allows the consumer to change their mind or stop erroneous take overs.

That being the case the tine frames you were quoted will have been working days ... which with the insertion of Easter would be until about now in the best of times.

Then there are a whole host of things which may have gone wrong. To reach the point of processing payment you will have setup the user name and password.

When you mention email setup are you referring to email at PlusNet? To be honest I am not sure how the mail component sets up these days, but you could try to see if the default email address is active by logging into webmail here - http://webmail.plys.net - using the username / password as used during the account creation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Mustrum

Personally I’m not looking everywhere and there is a limit to the effectiveness of escalation ... responding to them can take valuable time away from dealing with the next person in the queue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @candleman and apologies for the late staff response. I'm sorry for the delay with getting your brother's broadband up and running. Can you drop me a private message Here with his account username or some other account information like full address or landline telephone number so I can look into this?

If he's just got phone with BT then we should be able to provide broadband on the line first (takes around 4 working days) then put an order through to transfer the phone line afterwards (takes about 10 working days).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet