cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order problem update - getting fed up

cjmckenna1

order problem update - getting fed up

Not really sure where to go

I was happy plusnet customer but stupid enough to not read my emails from them meaning i missed a "sorry you're leaving" message where somebody had given my address in error and talktalk were taking over my line. Anyway sorted it with plusnet after i came home and found myself disconnected, had to sign up as a new user again, first sign up failed so i phoned again and apparently the first agent had made a mistake so they put my order through again, now it's stopped at the may be a problem with your line. My first message was i will be updated by the 3rd november, this update came through

We have been notified of a change on your order by our suppliers. One of our team will be looking in to it, and will be in touch

also i get this message below but haven't been given a number yet?

Our records indicate that your telephone number may already be in use for Home Phone. This is a possible inconsistency with our records. If you wish to add Home Phone to your service please raise a question to our support centre and we will be happy to progress this for you.

don't understand that but anyway...over an hour wait on phone support and every time i try the online chat there is never an agent available, i thought plusnet rated high on customer service???

Just getting fed up

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: order problem update - getting fed up

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had.

I've looked into this for you and I can see that unfortunately, the current owner of the line has cancelled the order.

From reviewing the order and the account I can see why this has happened due to an issue with the address and I've updated the open ticket on your account with more details regarding this which you can view by going here

Let us know if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cjmckenna1

Thanks for getting back to me

Thing is the "owner" of the line hasn't cancelled the order.  I am the OWNER of the line.  Since i moved in i have been the only resident of the property it has never been shared.  What is happening is my address/line is being mixed up with a neighbour.  My address is  my flat number, The Gatehouse, rest of address  - neighbours address is same flat number The Stables, rest of the address is the same as mine.

Before the neighbour moved in i had been a happy plusnet customer for a year and a half so there is a physical record of my address matching the physical phone line coming in to my property.  

When the neighbour signed up to talktalk a month ago my line was disconnected BUT they were successful in getting the internet via talktalk on their line as well.  Every time i now try to sign up with plusnet again  the neighbour gets a "sorry you're leaving us" letter then when they tell talktalk that they're not leaving my order gets cancelled...repeat repeat.

Somewhere there is a wrong connection between my physical line and our addresses  - surely this isn't a new phenomenon?  Could be talktalk, plusnet, or maybe openreach?  

Would i be better signing up with talktalk then at least the issue might stand out clearer?

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @cjmckenna1

Sorry to hear about this. I have now ordered your services to the confirmed address and updated you further here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks,