cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no fibre after 1 month

stevemac

no fibre after 1 month

I ordered fibre broadband around 15th March. Phone was connected same day & fibre activation date was set as 5th April. I contacted Plusnet on 6th April to see why my fibre was still not connected. I was told that the issue was with my previous provider leaving a "marker" on the line. My new activation date would be 20th April. I phoned Plusnet on the evening of 20th April to see why I still have no broadband and was told that this was now BT/Openreach's fault and that I could be "fastracked" and connected in a further 7 days.

What is going on & when will my fibre broadband be connected?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: no fibre after 1 month

Hi there,

Sorry for the problems you've experienced with your order so far. I can see you spoke to one of my colleagues last night who explained the issue is with a 'tag' on the line telling us that there is already a fibre service enabled on the line. Unfortunately this appears to incorrect as there is no provider associated with the tag.

To resolve this my colleague has contacted our suppliers, asking them to update the records about the tag and he'll be in touch once he receives an update, usually within 3 working days.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stevemac

Thanks for the reply.

Any particular reason why this was not looked in to after my first failed connection date on 5th April?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,

I'd suspect that would be because this kind of 'out of process' order failure is somewhat unusual.  One does not look for the obscure causes first.  It ought not to be possible for there to be an unowned 'tag' on a line, so it would not be a logical thing to look for in the first instance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stevemac

Any news on this?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can see an agent took ownership of this on the 20th, I've been in touch asking them to chase this up and update you ASAP.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team