cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no activation date, existing broadband goes off 2nd Nov

daveswan007

no activation date, existing broadband goes off 2nd Nov

Hi guys

I placed an order to switch over from sky on 17th october but I've not been given an activation date, on my account it doesn't state a date its just blank as follows:

"We'll arrange for your fibre broadband service to be installed. This will happen on

If your preferred appointment date isn't available, we'll call you within a week to make alternative arrangements"

My existing service goes off on Tuesday, was under the impression we would be switched over by then as it said usually within 10 days, just after an update/ activation date please? I've not had my router either, just a letter saying the same things as online, thanks

10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: no activation date, existing broadband goes off 2nd Nov

@daveswan007 My existing service goes off on Tuesday,

Did you cancel your existing service directly with Sky OR did you just order the switch via PlusNet ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveswan007

Yeah cancelled directly with Sky a couple weeks earlier at the start of Oct and then chose new isp package on the 17th (plusnet lol)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @daveswan007 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the issues with your order. Unfortunately by calling your current provider to place a cancellation request, they've put what's known as a cease on your line to stop the services they're providing on the 3rd as you've suggested.

We can't takeover your line while there's this pending cease due to the way the supplier systems work there can generally only be one order open at any one time. Can you call Sky to cancel the cancellation request?

If you can let me know once they've done so we'll then place an order to takeover your line which will automatically trigger the cancellation their end, as the process of moving to another provider is what's known also as gaining provider led, which means that the new provider should handle both the activation of the new and cancellation of the old services.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daveswan007

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and explaining how it works Smiley I've rang sky and managed to successfully cancel my cancellation. They've said to give it 24 hours and then plusnet will be able to successfully apply for transfer of service. Would i be best to phone plusnet tomorrow afternoon to explain what's happened and ask them to attempt a transfer of service again? Thanks again
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @daveswan007

No problem, from what I can see it looks like they've already removed the cease now but it can generally take up to 24 hours for things to filter down and update all the supplier systems so I agree, I'd recommend we try replacing the order tomorrow afternoon as you've suggested. 

Feel free to just post back here tomorrow and either me or one of my colleagues will pick this up for you and place the order. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daveswan007

Hiya thanks for all your help, should be good to try to place the order again now Smiley

Cheers, Dave
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dave, I've just placed the order now. We should be able to confirm your transfer date within 48 to 72 hours. Smiley

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with in the meantime. Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dave, I've just checked back and it looks like your transfer's due to happen on the 15th anytime up to midnight Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daveswan007

Thank you for all your help, yes all confirmed this side of things from both sky and yourselves and router on way. Thank you again Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome no problem at all Dave Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet