Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone line in but no space at bt green box for connection

firebird1000
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

new phone line in but no space at bt green box for connection

hi my mother in law had a new phone line put in today only to be told no space at box so have to wait she ordered fiber 80/20 any idea what will happen now she has had text telling her that we are looking in to itTicked_off any help would be nice she had to wait three weeks for install please

16 REPLIES 16
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: new phone line in but no space at bt green box for connection

Hi firebird1000,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this issue. It sounds like there is capacity issues for fibre and it needs to be increased. In the meantime if you get you're mother in law to contact us on 0800 013 2632 then press option 1 then option 2 we can get this reset to ADSL so she will have a connection and then it will just be on a waiting list for capacity to increase from our suppliers.

firebird1000
Rising Star

ok thank u for the reply  there just to let u know there is no dial tone on the phone any ideas /  all so i will be there tomoz i hope i will be able to ring plus.net  from the land line ???????

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear there's currently no dial tone on the line, if the orders have completed I'd recommend going through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

If you'd like to PM me the username for the account in question I'd be happy to have a look from our side as well.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
firebird1000
Rising Star

hi there again just to let u know been to day and rang up plusnet to find it has not been connected to to green box as no space openreach did not let plustnet know that there were no spaces so an openreach engineer  will go round monday  but ok for fiber 80/20 when the line is active Crazy:Crazy  how they will get it to work i hope ????Huh

firebird1000
Rising Star

hi we now have a phone line up and running but no fiber broadband we have to wait for a review of the 80/20 fiber i feel a bit bad as i got the mother in law to sign up with plus net in the first place /see what happens tomoz i hope they do not let her down if so may have to look else where Ticked_offTicked_offAngry

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If there are no spare connections in the cabinet you will find that all other ISPs are in the same state and all you will do is lose your place in the queue. The only alternative is if Virgin cable is available.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
firebird1000
Rising Star

hi been on the phone to u for a hour just got to talk to some one now / are well got to wait till tomoz to find out if the fiber ever gets on line /just 2 mins to find out no luck good job she has MIFI three network as no internet would be pos

firebird1000
Rising Star

Ticked_offTicked_off hi there just let you know i have been with 7 our more broadband providers in my time but when they keep saying after midnight which has gone on since tuesday and guess what ZERO and ZERO all they do is blame openreach well i am going round tomoz to see if it is working AngryAngry

firebird1000
Rising Star

CryHuhTicked_offstill no luck still after midnight now you are taking the [-Censored-] and blaming openreach i thought you as a company took control off access  port /like when you do not pay the bill /i dont think i will recommend any one else were they need a new phone line install Angry

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Avoidance of swear filter removed.

firebird1000
Rising Star

ok there but still no luck when you take a customers  money and only get phone line no broadband it is not good way to run a service i think it is selling before there is any thing to sell on the fiber broadband Angry

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I believe that the email address tied to this forum name doesn't link to your Plusnet account. Are you ok to PM your username?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
firebird1000
Rising Star

hi there have pm you twice with no reply

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

You sent me 3 PMs, but I'd left the office by then. Thanks for letting me know her details.

I have chased your order up, and we're being told to stick by the resolution date that we already have. Apologies for the ongoing delays, but we'll keep Ticket: 132480016 updated.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
firebird1000
Rising Star

ok so i will take that 5 off October at the rate is going that may be the new delay date it all so feels like you have been sold half off a product it would not happen at currys like a pc with no motherboard in it then get told to wait for them to make it