cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new order with plus net switching from bt

simbeag

new order with plus net switching from bt

hi can someone help me here ive signed up for broadband from plus net im switching from bt having problems with order plus net say they can supply me with services until i contact bt and ask them to put me on a normal line as im currently on bt basic line witch they say is not compatable with there services ive been on the phone with bt for hours and there saying plusnet should have no problem taking the line any help please

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: new order with plus net switching from bt

What does it say when you put your number in the DSL Checker?

Post the results, making sure you hide your phone number.

simbeag

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

BT Basic is a social telephony service which is essentially a type of line rental product which prevents us from taking over the line. We'd need you to contact your current provider, to move your service onto a standard line rental product.

Let us know when that's done so we can put the transfer order through again.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DCI
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Interesting. All very confusing.

simbeag

the problem is every time i speak to bt they keep telling me that plus net should have no problem taking the line over and if they put me on normal line that i would have to enter a contract with them ?????? or i would have to cancel my account with them that means i would loose my number and have to pay plus net for a new line im not spending 49 pounds for a new line will phone them again in the morning again and see what they have to say

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

From reading other similar experiences from people posting on these forums here and here, one person seemed to resolve this but I'm not sure what they did. 

Cancelling the line entirely should in theory allow us to restart the line rather easily without needing an engineer, keeping your own telephone number. With that said, I'm also unsure if a stopped BT Basic line will even show up as available to restart, so this method may be a bit of a risk.

I'm sorry that we can't be of much help in these situations.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet