Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer - been assigned a new number and I want to keep our present one

FIXED
tigzybear
Grafter

new customer - been assigned a new number and I want to keep our present one

Hi,

Signed up to plusnet from talk talk on 30th Jan and was told we could keep our present phone number. Then a couple of days later I received an email and noticed we'd be assigned a new number. This is a pain. We've had our current number for years, it was a BT number before talk talk and it's a lot of hassle to have a new number as we have too many services associated with the old one. I've replied to the initial email advising of the new number and also gone into my account on 4th Feb to say we don't want a new number. No reply to either message so far which is pretty annoying as my cooling off period is running out. I would phone but I prefer to have things such as this in writing.

Is customer service always this slow? I was really hoping for an improvement on talk talk but so far I'm not too impressed. Also does anyone know why keeping our old number should be a problem? We will have to cancel our order with plusnet if we can't keep our old number.

thanks for any help with this.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: new customer - been assigned a new number and I want to keep our present one

Fix

I'm really sorry to hear your number is being changed. Sad I've placed a cancellation for the orders in progress now. Once this completes within 24 hours we will replace new orders to retain your phone number.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tigzybear
Grafter

Re: new customer - been assigned a new number and I want to keep our present one

thank you, much appreciated! Smiley