Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new contract

FIXED
SmithersJones
Dabbler

new contract

If I were to phone BT and inform them of my intention to leave due to the price rise and took out one of the existing deals which expires in a few days with PlusNet (£23-99 36mb fibre) if a better deal were to replace that deal would it be possible to cancel the first deal due to the 14 day cooling off period and take out the better deal.

Just trying to make sure I don't potentially miss the current good deal, in case the next deal is not as attractive.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: new contract

Fix

Hello @SmithersJones

Welcome to our Community Forum! Cool

As long as you cancelled the contract before the cooling off period, you will be able to sign up again onto a new deal.

Just a couple of heads up information if you chose to do this:-

1: You will need to create a new account username as you cannot use the previous one.

2: A Working Line Takeover order takes a minimum of 10 working days, we will have to cancel the order on the previous account and replace the order again from the beginning under the new account.

I hope this information helps you, please let us know if you need any further assistance Smiley

SmithersJones
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick response, i thought as much.

So, if i sign up on the current deal which ends Monday IIRC, and the following new deal is better, cancel the first order and place a new order using a different username?

Thanks again.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @SmithersJones

Yes that is all you would need to do Thumbs_Up

You will need to get in touch with our Customer Option Team to cancel the order, their number is 0800 013 2632, they are open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-7pm and on Sunday 9am-6pm

If the deal is not an 'online only deal' they can also create you a new account whilst on the phone with them, so essentially you can do both jobs at the same time Smiley

One other information I would like to point out is, on a Working Line Takeover order, you do not need to get in touch with your current provider in regards to you leaving them to join our services. We will do all the admin work for you once you processed the order with us.

Please let us know if you need any more information.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Dumbledore

One other information I would like to point out is, on a Working Line Takeover order, you do not need to get in touch with your current provider in regards to you leaving them to join our services. We will do all the admin work for you once you processed the order with us.

Whilst that is generally true, the OP is leaving their current provider due to a price increase. In that case most suppliers, PN included, require that you inform them that you are leaving due to the price increase, to avoid any early termination charges. This does have the possibility to complicate matters where the existing supplier treats the notification as a cancellation, which they should not do!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @MisterW

@Dumbledore is correct regarding usual circumstance but when there is a price increase I do agree with your comment.

The current supplier should be informed that the reason for the migration. Every cancellation will be recorded with reasons why and without informing them, they would not assume it is due to the price increase.

I would advise that this needs to be delivered to them as a notification of intent to leave due to the price increase to ensure that they update notes on the account.

SmithersJones
Dabbler

Well, ive taken out the £23-99 offer along with anytime calls.

Although my Topcashback hasnt tracked at the correct amount, should be £70 but showing as £40?Huh

Just need a good offer on BTSport now.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hi @SmithersJones, thanks for getting in touch.

We would recommend contacting our Customer Options on 0800 013 2632, as they are the best people to speak to about this.

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday

09:00 - 19:00 Saturday

09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Please let us know if you need any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team