cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moved house - but no internet!

athelstane
Hooked

moved house - but no internet!

I moved on the 10th September, couldn't get a date for transferring my broadband and landline until the 24th September, which was then cancelled with no reason given.  Date re-booked for the 25th September.  Which comes and goes with no internet, and no communication to say why not.

What is going on!?  I've just spent 30 minutes on hold, to be told by customer support that there's a problem but they don't know what it is.  I've been without internet for most of the month now, and I'm thoroughly fed up.

I work as well as the call centre staff, and just as I'm sure they can't keep taking an hour off here and there to wait on empty lines, I can't do this again today.  

Why won't Plusnet just tell me what the hell is going on.

13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: moved house - but no internet!

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

Essentially the issue here is that your exchange has no capacity for what's known as a 21CNbroadband services.

This means we'll have to place a order to move you onto a older broadband service known as 20CN.

We'll get this chased up for you and we'll update you as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
athelstane
Hooked

But I'm not being updated!  I spent nearly two hours on the 'phone yesterday waiting to be put through to customer services, and only at the end of the day managed to speak to someone who could identify the problem.  I've been told I'll be updated again, but I still have no idea when anyone is planning on connecting the internet and providing my landline!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @athelstane, I am sorry to hear about the lack of updates you have received from us. I have looked into this issue for you and have updated you via a ticket on your account here

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,

athelstane
Hooked

Thanks, @Satss,

I received a voicemail yesterday from a customer services manager saying that he couldn't find a record of my account at all - I hope this has now reappeared?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @athelstane

I am really sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

I have checked your order details and can confirm your activation details here

if you have any other questions feel free to get in touch.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

This means we'll have to place a order to move you onto a older broadband service known as 20CN.

I thought that BT had ceased new provisions on 20CN in 2016?  Must be an expensive option for PN, maintaining the costly 20CN backhaul?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@MauriceC we can still order 20CN services but would only do so if there are no alternatives available. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
athelstane
Hooked

Thanks, @Warwick - fingers crossed it happens today!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to see the service went live as expected yesterday, do shout up if there's any issues. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
athelstane
Hooked

Thanks, @adamwalker - I am indeed connected now! The only problem is that it's so slow - it has taken me 2 hours and 42 minutes to connect to my gmail (which crashes again if I try to reply to any emails), and I cannot access any other websites at all as the connection times out before a site will load.  My work computer has not yet connected at all, but is still waiting...

Will this speed up, because at present, it's not much use for internet!

many thanks.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@athelstane,

It looks like when we placed the IPStream order it was placed on a capped 500kbps service which is why you're having problems. I've placed a modify to remove this to the 'up to 8 meg' speed it should have been on. This will complete overnight so around midnight your connection should drop and the speed should increase, though it might take a little longer and complete mid morning. 

It's worth noting your speed even uncapped is not going to be great, it might be worth checking them on the DSL Checker. ADSL2 is rolling in November, this means you will be auto moved at some point before the end of the year because 20CN will be decommissioned at your exchange at some point, but even on ADSL2 the speed estimates aren't the best. 

Check the connection again in the morning and let us know if it's still showing capped at 500.

athelstane
Hooked

Thanks, @JOLO - I was warned it wouldn't be great in any event, so that's no problem, but very glad to hear it will pick up a bit tomorrow, and if ADSL2 will at some point improve slightly on that, I will be quite content, thank you!

(am not a user of youtube or live streaming anything, so just need my emails and work computer to be responsive).

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

It's no worries @athelstane, at some point I'd expect FTTC or FTTP will roll but for your area it'll probably be a good few years down the line, as it always seem to get the longer wait times.