cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move dates issues and rude staff!!!!!

chodgson
Dabbler

move dates issues and rude staff!!!!!

I'd like to know why my broadband is in the process of moving today when the move date is meant to be 23rd?Huh

The level of frustration at plusnet is unreal - i have never come across such a terrible service from a company before.

- Requested a move date of Saturday 20th April, this was agreed and confirmed.

- Week later got a text saying move date of 10th April

- went on the online chat at first, very rude people who i spoke too, didn't even try to help and ended the chat.

- then I rang and was passed through to 3 different people. Was told by the last person broadband can't be moved of a weekend! This person said they would be back in touch with me to see what other date is free. Never heard from them.

- rang again a day later, again passed through numerous people - some rude (seem to be a lot of them working at plusnet i've found). Was told that he has put the date as 23rd and confirmed this in a message on the message centre - that message has now disappeared - and said everything he said to me was acrute. He also said that everything i had been told before him was wrong and it was plusnet that asked for the date of 10th, not the 23rd we asked for.

- today (10th) - internet is not working.

- been on the online chat with 3 people.... 1st person - broadband is currently moving to new property / 2nd person - date says 23rd april / 3rd person broadband line is inactive and refusing to offer any kind of help.

I am now expected to waste my time in work and ring to sort out plusnet's problem!

All of the above doesn't even cover the other issues we have had with plusnet over the last 6 months and the lies we have been told!

38 REPLIES 38
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: move dates issues and rude staff!!!!!

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'm so sorry to see how this has worked out. We would certainly expect a much better level of support than what you've experience so I will be taking the time to review the recent calls and chats so some feedback can be passed on. 

I can see that a call with a manager has been noted on the account and we're just awaiting your response to move things forward with that. 

Here's a direct link to the query: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189175300 could you let me know here when you've responded to that please? 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chodgson
Dabbler

Reviewing the feedback doesn't really help me. I've been told the only solution is for me to go out and buy a dongle... so really that's me fixing the solution isn't it!

Everyone I've spoken to today has admitted its Plusnet that have made the mistake but there is nothing they can do... how does this help the customer??? A manger is meant to ring me back in the next hour - not holding my breath based on past experience!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I understand, I can see a specific offer has been made about a good will gesture including provision for the time without service so I'm going to speak to the manager to make sure that's handled urgently and I'm going to see if it's possible to get a router out any more quickly than what's been mentioned. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chodgson
Dabbler

I'm sorry but why is a router needed??????????Huh

This just shows that no one listens or reads any of the previous problems. We do NOT need a router as we have one right now... how do you think we had broadband until today?!

i really don't understand the issues around this.

- the broadband was not meant to move to the new property until 23rd April

- instead it has moved today (10th)

- I'm now expected to sort the wifi out... see the problem yet?

- a manager has offered poor compensation and i have told them this. A manager is meant to be ringing me back today

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding about the router, I wasn't actually aware of that. I'm speaking with the manager now so I'll make sure they respond back to you ASAP. With regards to the good will gesture that is something we can continue to negotiate with you so I'll make sure they address that with you too. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chodgson
Dabbler

I’m still waiting for a manager to call me!!

What the hell is going on!
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @chodgson

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience and can see that you have since spoken with a manager.

Your ticket can be followed here

Kind Regards

chodgson
Dabbler

Just because I have spoken to a manager doesn’t mean it has been resolved and this person wasn’t even a manager they were actually a team leader. Tonight I also waited for a manager twice to ring me back and they didn’t.

This issue is far from resolved and still needs sorting!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,

Team leaders are indeed managers, they're the line managers of agents in our contact centres. Please let me know if there's anything in particular we could do to help resolve this for you on top of what's already been mentioned. 

I can see Ollie has been responding with regards to arranging a good will gesture. I'll make sure he gets back to you about that as soon as possible. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chodgson
Dabbler

Ok well these "team leaders" should actually call when they say they are going to call!

One was meant to call last night and they didn't so i had to ring and go through explaining everything all over again to a number of people, i was then told someone would call me back in the next 10mins. This didn't happen and i had to ring back and was then on the phone for over an hour with a manager or team leader not helping at all and wasting my time trying to fix a problem that was of Plusnets doing.

First we are offered £40 refund so we can use that for BT Wifi - i questioned this as it is actually a hotspot and there isnt one by us. The person on the phone only then checked this after disagreeing with me to find there wasn't a hotspot near us. To buy a Mi Fi device is at least £40 so who pays for the credit to go on that device?

Also the compensation we were offered was quite offensive to say the least. The level of service has been truly awful and i will gladly make a list of everything and show all the chats that I have kept to show what has gone wrong since we joined plusnet.

We have said the compensation we'd like which is more than fair based on all the major issues.

Ollie is meant to ring tonight at 7pm - based on experience so far with Plusnet and the complete lack of help i very much doubt this will happen.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @chodgson,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or poor service you have experienced, I appreciate this should have been better.

Ollie is expected in later this afternoon so I will be liaising with him to ensure the callback he has promised takes place at 7pm as previously advised.

If there is anything else we can help with here, please don't hesitate to come back to us.

Thanks - LF

chodgson
Dabbler

First off thank you to the people at Plusnet who said Ollie would call... he didn’t, what a surprise! And what’s even more of a surprise is that we were not told there wouldn’t be this phone called until an hr after (the phone call was meant to happen) and after we went on social media...NOT!

After speaking to another person a few times over the last few days our refunds were agreed, got the email confirming it and the message in the message centre and guess what.... the wrong amounts have been refunded!!!

I have never known a company to get so much wrong!

Someone needs to reply back and fix this before I ring up again!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really sorry to see that. As per our reply to ticket 189175300 we needed to process the refund in 2 parts. I understand you've received one of the payments but not the other. Please let us know if you haven't received the second payment by the date mentioned in our reply from this morning. 

With regards to the call was this not the one that went ahead on 12/4/19 which seems to have gone ahead or is it a separate call that you've referred to?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team