cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking to join. but need to pay line rental the now

eddy78

looking to join. but need to pay line rental the now

hi all. i am looking join up and went through to the order confirmation and notice at the checkout i have to pay £83.49 today like get that i need to pay the installation charge the now for engineers to fit a line. but its asking me to pay the line rental the now even though i not using the service yet. 

5 REPLIES 5
eddy78

Re: looking to join. but need to pay line rental the now

Forgot to mention that i have a bt landline in the house but its not active so would i still need to pay for a engineer for a installation fee

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Eddy,

A warm welcome to the forums.  The first month's service charges are due on sign-up along with any initial set-up fees, router P&P etc.  Though you pay the first month at sign-up the charging does not start until the phone line is activated: this becomes your billing date.  The next bill will be raised on the monthly anniversary of being connected.  That is also the start date of your contract for the minimum term agreement.

If the phone line does not have a dial tine, the line needs connecting, which I believe attracts the "new line" charge, but might not require an engineering visit.  You'll need a staff response to confirm that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

eddy78

Hi thanks for the reply..wasnt sure about paying the first months service charge upfront. Glad I asked. Well hopefully i will get someone replying back from staff regarding activating the line
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @eddy78 if there is working line or a stopped line in the property then you are not required to pay the £49.99 installation fee. However, in the absence of a line you would need a new line installation which is chargeable at the above price. Upon sign up you will be given the information whether an engineer is required or not. However, if you'd like me to check your line status before then please feel free to send me a PM with your full address including postcode.