cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line activated - when will broadband be activated?

Manna1234

line activated - when will broadband be activated?

Phone line activated today, when can I expect to have my broadband up and running?

8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: line activated - when will broadband be activated?

Hi there,

We're at a stage where we're just waiting on it to reflect that fibre is available on your new line. This usually takes around 24 hours, in which we will place your order shortly after.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Manna1234

I'm sorry but this is not right. I have had my order rejected once already as fibre is NOT available. This contract was transferred to ADSL only and I have been awaiting set up since 18/10. My internet was cut by Sky on 12/10/16 when BT rejected the order! I even have a confirmation email that my contract has been transferred to ADSL only, see below

Question 136247063

Thank you for your call today.

Please keep a copy of this e-mail for your records. As discussed, I've made the following changes to your Plusnet service: Your estimated line speed range is from 0.75 Mbps - 2.5 Mbps, however this may vary due to the distance from your exchange, quality of your phone line, traffic prioritisation and management policies amongst other factors. A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:

Unlimited standard Broadband: £ 0 per month for 12 and then £ 9.99 thereafter

Line rental: £185.88 Annually line only Call plan for £ 0 per month

Total £ 0 per month for 12 months on a new 12 month contract

A list of our call tariffs can be found here: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/ These prices apply if you pay by direct debit, otherwise a £1.50 per month payment processing fee applies. Your order is subject to Plusnet's Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy. Please ensure you read and understand them as soon as you can. We may make changes to prices, content and terms at any time during your contract. We'll tell you about important changes before they happen and if a change is detrimental you'll be able to end your contract without any fees. You are agreeing to a 12 month contract option. You have up to 14 days, from tomorrow, to cancel your order (except for Plusnet Protect or BT Sport which you must keep for at least 30 days). If you cancel within 14 days you will have to pay for the services you have used and any installation, connection or activation charges that may apply (including those charges that were discounted or advertised as free at the time we accepted your order), and return any equipment we may have sent to you as a result of the order you are cancelling. Upon cancelling the service we may revert you to your previous contract or the closest matching service. If you wish to cancel within the period set out above, you can use our online cancellation form, located here or by calling us on 0800 432 0200. If you decide to cancel after 14 days and are still within a 12 month minimum term, you will have to pay £9.87 for each month left of the minimum term. Find out more in our Price Guide. If you choose to end your agreement for the service and the service is ceased or you are switching your service to another provider on a different network, you may be charged a £30.00 cease fee. We're under duty to supply goods in conformity with this contract. This duty and your right to cancel within 14 days is in addition to your legal rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods or digital content, or services which have not been provided with skill and care. Need a hand? We offer full customer support via our easy to use member centre which is located in the top right hand corner of our website www.plus.net. You can also upgrade your packages, view your usage, amend your account details and much more. Happy with our service? Why not refer a friend to Plusnet and get money off your bill EVERY month! Refer a friend here: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/referrals If you don't want us to tell you about our products and services or if you want to complain, please visit www.plusnet/home-broadband/contract/ or write to us at Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU. We will try to work through any disputes that you may have with us. However, if we cannot do this, you may refer the matter to any relevant service which sorts out disputes. Details of these, and of how to refer a dispute, are set out in our Complaints Code of Practice here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml Thank you for your continued custom.

Kind regards, [CSA Removed]

We only switched to Plusnet from Sky as your website promised fibre which turned out to be unavailable. We have since been living without a phone line or internet connection through no fault of our own.

PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND RESTORE MY INTERNET CONNECTION

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Right, my apologies.

I've gotten your order placed for you, and it should be up and running by November 1st.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Was that the earliest you could get with an expedited order?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Manna1234 wrote:
We have since been living without a phone line or internet connection through no fault of our own.

I'm not sure why your previous provider ceased your line. We placed an order on 04/10/16 and this rejected on 05/10/16. As the line was no longer being taken over at this point, the provider of the line should have continued to provide a service.

@jelv - As we initially placed orders to take the service over (Which unfortunately failed) and following this, the service was ceased, we wouldn't cover expedite costs as the service should have remained active with the previous provider while we replaced orders to take the service over.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Hmmm....

A good case for demanding the previous provider covers the expedite costs!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Manna1234

what's the point. I feel completely let down. I was promised fibre, had my order rejected, lost my phone line and broadband  on the 18th Oct and now have to wait until Nov 1st to get the same old slow ADSL that I was receiving from Sky and to go with it a new phone number to hand out to everyone.

Spending hours on the phone chasing Sky to demand they pay to expedite my plusnet install is just not worth my effort after all this fuss.

100% disappointed by plusnet, openreach and sky. When this 12 months is up I will seriously be considering mobile broadband suppliers so I don't have to go through this all over again

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I can understand your frustration regarding this @Manna1234.

I have just checked your account and can see that your service is now active and up and running and i have checked the fibre in the area and there is still the waiting list actioned for capacity. To check this your self to see when it becomes available you can do this through this link http://dslchecker.bt.com/ and you just need to type in your landline number in the top of the 2 search bars when the page opens and when it says available we will be to process your upgrade to fibre.