Did you mean: 

landline phone and broadband not activated

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: landline phone and broadband not activated

Hi @varan01

I can see your connection is now up and running following the engineer visit.

I've added a reply to your ticket 187859031 with an offer for a gesture of goodwill.

Let me know if you're happy to accept this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
varan01
Dabbler

Yes, finally a right type of engineer is assigned and sorted out the problem at the exchange. It was a wrongly linked broadband to another type of broadband (fibre one). It should not have taken 16 days and a 4 engineering visit arrangement (one missed), and I should not have spent my time with all testing and waiting home for 4 x 5 hrs slot.

If you calculate all these time waste and frustration it caused worth £10.99, this perfectly fits into the image of Plusnet which I have created on my mind now after a 3 weeks experience. As you know with 'voluntarily' accepting the Automatic Compensation Scheme you will have to pay 2 (one missed one wrongly assigned engineering visit) x 25 + 15 days x 5 £/day = £125.00 from next year for the same lack of service and certainly + £10.99 for the broadband service which you are now naming as Good Wİll Gesture. Sorry I do not see any good will in this calculation, and do not accept your calculated credit. I would rather prefer to keep my own calculation for a potential future case with the Ombudsman. So thank you very much.

Tags (1)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm glad to see the fault has finally been sorted and you're online now.

I understand the frustration this caused and this should've been resolved on the 1st visit ideally.

I'm sorry that you're not happy with the goodwill gesture I offered. I'd like to note that the automatic compensation scheme isn't fully in place yet, so we're not in a position to provide you with that level of compensation I'm afraid.

However I've discussed this with a line manager and I've added a reply to your support ticket with a counter offer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet