cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline phone and broadband not activated

varan01
Dabbler

Re: landline phone and broadband not activated

I am less luckier I guess, no one came or called in the afternoon either. And no reply to my informing of Plusnet using the open  'Question' thread, about the absence of the engineer. 

I am considering asking for cancellation of my contract with Plusnet but I guess there is no point in doing it if it is Openreach who misses the engineering visits and who is the sole contractor working with all providers. I guess I would wait for their visit even I changed the provider. I will be happy if OR's performance is assessed by Ofcom or any institution and if they are paying a penalty for keeping us home for 5 hours without informing even if they will come or not. But if they are paying a compensation to Plusnet for the missed appointments -which must be the case as far as I can guess from contractor agreements in business-, how can Plusnet not transfer this compensation to the client, to us, as we are the real loosers of this game? And how can this be legally acceptable? -Maybe better to ask regulation bodies as Plusnet would not tell me the truth-

And second thing I wonder what is the percentage of defect in routers they sent to their clients? As this seems so far the only possibility according to the information I gathered from them and my tests at home. I do not need to become a Broadband Engineer to solve this problem I hope. I have enough of work to do and most of them are waiting for a broadband at home. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @varan01,

Please allow me to apologise that the engineer appointment did not go ahead as expected today. I've taken a look into this and raised a response via the fault ticket on your account regarding this issue which can be viewed here.

Please let us know once you've responded to the ticket by posting in this thread and we'll pick this back up for further review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Wow, you'd of thought that although OR don't deal with end users they'd at least call to say that can't make it. They're a business that maintains most of the UKs communications network for goodness sake!!

I'm not sure if PN ever did sign up, but there's a story about it on the BBC news site - link. If they did then if and I've read it correctly, you'd get £25.

I totally understand your reasoning for wanting to cancel, the only way you could 'get out of jail' is if they can't get your speed over the MGAL. You're right, depending on who you go with, the nightmare follows you!!

Although it's possible but also doubtful, PN may offer a GOGW, in a way I hope they do Wink

The BTHH5 sorry PNH1is, imho, is a bit of a dogs dinner - random reboots (some users go back to using an OR modem = no drops), noisy WiFi (tested and it's within 'acceptable' levels), the pain of dropping WiFi (this could be firmware related), the fact that BT own PN and thus somebody has to 'recycle' these hubs. And yes, for the record, I'm still using mine!! I must be a sucker for punishment!!

I've looked a some public reports from Ofcom, but due to commercial secrets the 'nitty-gritty' is always redacted.... I wonder why?

To the most part, PN's hands are just as tied as ours.

I do feel sorry for you though.

varan01
Dabbler

Thanks,

I have responded to the ticket with my on-going availability for anytime for the next visit of Openreach. I would like to name myself Openreach, and would like to recommend Openreach to change their name, as it can be easily considered as false advertising looking at the rate of missed appointments. Sorry I can not bear my helpless situation without jokes.

varan01
Dabbler

Thanks DS, I had asked Plusnet about the automatic compensation scheme and they told that they need some time for the preparation of their call centres, invoicing etc to involve into the scheme. So they are not yet obliged to pay anything but they confirmed some GOGW, which would be probably compensate what I have been paying to my mobile network for buying further data allowances.

If they pay more, I will use it with a new OR modem though, as you recommended (or something like BT Home Hub5). Thanks for it.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Not sure if this is permitted*, but I often call a certain company Hope and pray Wink

Fingers crossed a certain company doesn't miss another one for you.

I still don't understand why they can't inform us of lateness or more importantly non attendance.

I know for sure if it was the other way round, we'd soon have a envelope drop on our mat!! Sad

*please feel free to delete the first line if I'm in the wrong Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @varan01

I've rebooked the engineer visit for tomorrow morning between 8am and 1pm and raised an escalation with our suppliers due to the previously missed appointment to try to ensure that the engineer goes out within the agreed timeslot tomorrow.

I've also moved your support ticket 187859031 to a workflow that our faults advisers work at a priority, we'll do our best to follow things up with you as soon as we can after the visit, but feel free to let us know over here with how it goes.

Regarding a gesture of goodwill for the missed appointment, I've added that to my reply on the ticket.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
varan01
Dabbler

After cancelled engineering visit of last Friday, and after missed visit on last Saturday, today we had an engineering visit finally but from a wrong division unfortunately. See the Plusnet reply on Friday -8th Feb- below promising that a broadband engineer would be directed to the property:

`The main reason behind cancelling the visit is that if we book a phone engineer, he/she on arrival would be made aware that there is a broadband fault and they are booked in to rectify a faulty phone service. So that we can ensure your broadband fault is rectified, we need to book a broadband trained engineer (SFI - Special Faults investigation.)`

But today instead of Broadband Engineer, another Phone Engineer visited us certainly only to say that all tests seem perfect with wirings inside and outside the property. 

So I have real difficulty understanding Plusnet, what they are really doing.

My questions are
- why did Plusnet arrange another phone engineer visit while it was already done and phone line fault was fixed last on 7th Feb?
- why did Plusnet cancel 8th Feb phone engineer visit if they would re-arrange another phone engineer visit for today -12th Feb?
-why do Plusnet not provide Broadband service and instead ask me and Open Reach to make tens of tests physically on my flat and the building whereas we and Open reach declare that nothing wrong with the line? Might it be because these are all free of charge (my time, Openreach phone line visits, and my testings) but sending a Broadband Engineer cost them some amount of money ?
-Why do Plusnet not really deal with the problem on-time and why are there so many miscommunications in Plusnet processes? Can it be because they are a subsidiary of another service provider?
- If Plusnet is not capable of providing a broadband data signal withing 15 days (not a new development, not a new house, no previous problem but just a basic switch from another supplier) how can a customer trust that they would deal with a future fault really effieciently, also considering that they are yet not a part of Automatic Compensation Scheme? 

I really wonder Plusnet explanation about the reason that they still not provide me broadband if this is their core business -maybe not- and why they have not arranged a Broadband engineer visit since last Thursday 7th March. 

Keeping all my rights for the cancellation of the contract and a compensation, I would like Plusnet to let me know what the problem is -definitely it is not a problem with the flat or anything they could hold me responsible- that is blocking them to switch on the broadband data service? I am asking for a broadband service and this will be my last writing asking this, Next phase will be about cancellation and compensation (not a good will gesture as I do not see any good will among these `mistakes` and `miscommunications`) and deadlock letter to carry the issue to the Ombudsman.

And if you are a Plusnet agency reading this e-mail, do not reply with a sorry without doing a real progress. Check the issue with Faults Team and just do the real job please. This is not a rocket science at the end.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

varan01
Dabbler

Hey why do not admin let my post come online? Is it because a proof of really bad service by Plusnet???

DS
Seasoned Champion

Hey @varan01 it WAS here, I actually read it and went to reply, it then went awol. I've just raised this on another thread to ask why it there and now it's gone.

edit. I give up!! It was there, then not and then back again.Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

why do not admin let my post come online? Is it because a proof of really bad service by PlusnetHuh

It looks like your post was just stuck in the spam filter and I believe our mods have kindly released it for you.

I believe I've added a reply to your questions via your account but for visibility I'll answer them here too.

- why did Plusnet arrange another phone engineer visit while it was already done and phone line fault was fixed last on 7th Feb?

I can confirm we've booked an engineer visit as per the broadband fault we've got open with BTwholesale. Unfortunately it is ultimately down to our suppliers to allocate the right type of engineer out which should've been an SFI engineer.

- why did Plusnet cancel 8th Feb phone engineer visit if they would re-arrange another phone engineer visit for today -12th Feb?

From what I can see the phone fault was closed on 07/03/2019. A broadband fault followed that.

-why do Plusnet not provide Broadband service and instead ask me and Open Reach to make tens of tests physically on my flat and the building whereas we and Open reach declare that nothing wrong with the line? Might it be because these are all free of charge (my time, Openreach phone line visits, and my testings) but sending a Broadband Engineer cost them some amount of money ?

While I do sincerely apologise for the experience you've had, I'm afraid your router is not in sync with the equipment at the exchange which indicates a physical problem and as such this isn't something we can fix remotely.

-Why do Plusnet not really deal with the problem on-time and why are there so many miscommunications in Plusnet processes? Can it be because they are a subsidiary of another service provider?

Apologies for any long delays between our responses and that our suppliers allocated the wrong type of engineer out. I have requested the escalation with BTwholesale to be looked at Team Leader level to try to ensure that the next engineer who goes out has the necessary experience and skilset to resolve the sync problem.

It's also worth noting that our suppliers treat all service providers equally in order to provide a fair service across the board to all providers who choose to use their services.

- If Plusnet is not capable of providing a broadband data signal withing 15 days (not a new development, not a new house, no previous problem but just a basic switch from another supplier) how can a customer trust that they would deal with a future fault really effieciently, also considering that they are yet not a part of Automatic Compensation Scheme? 

Again I do sincerely apologise for your experience and we're doing all we can to sort this out as soon as possible, though ultimately as a service provider we do have to rely on our suppliers investigations and processes.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I understand this is a frustrating experience but I don't feel we're yet in a position where we can say nothing can be done and allow you to leave your contract term without any termination fees.

I really wonder Plusnet explanation about the reason that they still not provide me broadband if this is their core business -maybe not- and why they have not arranged a Broadband engineer visit since last Thursday 7th March. 

Once again this is escalated further with our suppliers to try to ensure a broadband engineer is allocated the next time the fault goes into the engineering work-stack.

And if you are a Plusnet agency reading this e-mail, do not reply with a sorry without doing a real progress. Check the issue with Faults Team and just do the real job please. This is not a rocket science at the end.

Absolutely and I understand the frustration, but simply put this is a sync problem which indicates a physical disconnection or fault between your router and the exchange.

I also understand that you've chosen to buy a service through Plusnet and as a result the buck falls with us. In no way am I passing the buck or blame to our suppliers however we do need to work with them in order to get the fault resolved.

I have booked another engineer visit in for 14-03-2019 between 8am and 1pm. This should provide our suppliers time to escalate this appropriately with Openreach.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

@varan01 wrote:

Hey why do not admin let my post come online? Is it because a proof of really bad service by Plusnet???

Moderator's Note(s)

The post was caught by the spam filter and has been released.

I have also removed the two duplicate posts.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DS
Seasoned Champion

<I'm about ready to walk away from these buggy forums!!!!>

I actually clicked reply AGAIN, typed out a reply, click post and:

im done again.PNG

I wish you well @varan01 

(with respect, I'm not writing my reply out again, I'm wasting yours and my time, sorry)

Mav
Fixes: 515

@DS 

Apologies for that. It seemed that when I removed the second duplicate post it's reply (by @Gandalf), too, got removed.

The post has been returned.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DS
Seasoned Champion

What hair I have had left, is now in my hands and on my laptop!!

Me thinks a splash screen stating, as we go to reply, or are mid reply, should state the post(s) is/are being moved and not to hit post until the post(s) is/have been moved to prevent the screens as recently observed here

Though even if this was possible, then moved posts would probably give the second image (on that link) anyway.

If the OP had posted, then edited, I can see how this happens. Though in this instance the OP didn't edit it so why would it go to spam after being posted.

Confused? Yep, so am I.