cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep static IP when moving phone service to Plusnet?

FIXED
ahmahmahm
Grafter

keep static IP when moving phone service to Plusnet?

Hi all.

Hopefully a quick confirmation.  I have had ADSL, and now fibre broadband, with PN for many years, dating back to when the provided IP was static.  At least that's my recollection.  I think that's not true for new accounts these days, right?

I still have rental and calls with BT, so it's time to move the phone service to PN as well.  Just wanted to confirm there's no chance that my static IP will somehow disappear from my account during the process of bringing the phone service to PN?  It's something I do need to keep.

I did manage to raise a support ticket asking this, during the process of trying to change my product, but the reply (a) was from someone who seemed not to have heard of static IPs from PN, and (b) did not trigger an email to me, so I never saw it until I checked weeks later, when the ticket was closed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: keep static IP when moving phone service to Plusnet?

Fix

Hi Andy, you'll retain your static IP.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: keep static IP when moving phone service to Plusnet?

Hi @ahmahmahm

Please accept my sincerest apologies if our response hasn't been reassuring and we'd really like to look into this.

I can confirm bringing your line to ourselves will not affect your Static P.

If you haven't called in to request your phone be brought across already please feel free to PM your account username and I will request a call back for you

Kind Regards