Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home move......... lost money due to issues, with either plusnet or openreach

FIXED
hazzardlover
Dabbler

home move......... lost money due to issues, with either plusnet or openreach

Hi, i`m writing this on behalf of my niece user name is kbcm89, she recently moved home, her new and old home both had plusnet phone and broadband.

On the 23rd, it was agreed the broadband would go off, at her olf home, and would then be transferred to her new place on the same day, the moving team said all she would need to do, was to plug in her modem and phone, nothing else would need to be done, she wouldn't even need to change the user name and password in the router.

On Friday very early moving she noticed the broadband and phone had stopped working at her old home, as agreed, later in the afternoon she arrived at her new home, only to find no phone was working or broadband at her new home.

I can now confirm since late yesterday she is now connected to both services at her new place, however, due to something going wrong, either at plusnet end or open reach end, she has used 15 pounds on mobile data/ phone calls, as she had to phone different people like the council, water board etc, and was on hold for a long time on most of the calls, even though some of these calls should have been free, using a mobile they are not.

How about a good will payment plusnet, she really cant afford to lose this kind of money, she paid for a service she didn't get for a few days,it is the worst possible time to be without a working phone.

11 REPLIES 11
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: home move......... lost money due to issues, with either plusnet or openreach

@hazzardlover wrote:

...even though some of these calls should have been free, using a mobile they are not.

If any of the calls were 0800 or 0808 numbers - they are free from mobiles.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
hazzardlover
Dabbler

Re: home move......... lost money due to issues, with either plusnet or openreach

hi.

some where 0800 numbers, and i checked my bill, none on there starting 0800, but they might be on her bill, ive no idea, so you might be right, i know 0800 numbers are free, but i dont know they are from a mobile, but most calls was starting  0300  0345  0344 these are listed on my bill, as i gave her my mobile, as she was out of credit, and so was her boyfriend

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@hazzardlover wrote:

...most calls was starting  0300  0345  0344

OK, 03 numbers would be chargeable if it's PAYG with no inclusive calls package.

As to any form of recompense, hopefully a Plusnet help team member will be along shortly to answer that.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @hazzardlover

I'm sorry to see your niece has had problems getting phone broadband at her new address, and she's been charged for calling us. As far as I'm aware, our 03 numbers are only advertised if you're calling from abroad, as we have an 0800 number along side it as our main number.

Can you drop me a private message though with screenshots showing the numbers she rang us on?

Also, do you know where she saw these numbers listed?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf It's not calling Plusnet numbers which the OP is concerned about.

From the OP:

...as she had to phone different people like the council, water board etc, and was on hold for a long time on most of the calls...

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the heads up @198kHz I need bigger glasses. 

@hazzardlover, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to cover these costs she incurred as from what I can see there wasn't a delay with the order and while there was a fault with the line, this was fixed within 2 working days.

Appreciate the frustration and inconvenience, but faults can happen due to the way the infrastructure works although disappointing this happened at the outset. 

As goodwill gestures, we'd offer £8 a day for each day a fault's not fixed after the first 2 working days have passed. Similarly, we'd also offer £5 a day for each day an order's not completed after a confirmed activation date. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hazzardlover
Dabbler

198kHz yes correct, but she did phone plusnet a few times as well, no idea what number she used to do this.

Gandalf I will send a screen cap of the numbers on my phone that she used, and ive emailed her to do the same.

hazzardlover
Dabbler

hi 

ok, no point in sending screencaps etc, she was without the phone broadband for 3 and a half days if you dont include sunday due to the fault, but i see you said working days, so no idea if open reach class a saturday as a working day, even if saturday is also not a working day, its still 2 and a half days.

A 8 pound goodwill gesture would cover the calls, and would be fine, but from your reply, i dont even think she has been offered that,.

Anyway, ill leave the thread now, if you as a company want to give her a 8 pound credit, then thank you, if not we are not gpoing to fall out over 8 pounds, ill have to give her 8 pounds, i can afford it more than she can.

thank you

reply to:

As goodwill gestures, we'd offer £8 a day for each day a fault's not fixed after the first 2 working days have passed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @hazzardlover

No problem and thanks for getting back to me.

I've snuck in £8 onto her next bill as a goodwill credit Smiley

Let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hazzardlover
Dabbler

thanks alot, that will pay for the calls, that is all we wanted, thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all @hazzardlover

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet