cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre upgrade

drstuf08
Dabbler

fibre upgrade

have plus net ever met the fibre upgrade date?

i never received any order confirmation and after reading through the forum i though i better chase up my order that was due to go live on 20/01 and guess what...... its now set for the 01/02

no excuses just stating terms at me saying dates not contractual, i had booked the day off work i am just glad i bothered to chase it up

4 REPLIES 4
drstuf08
Dabbler

Re: fibre upgrade

and now they are telling me there is no capacity at the cabinet and will call as soon as its available.

aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @drstuf08, thank you for contacting us on the forums.

Sorry to hear we are unable to do the fibre upgrade at the moment. The best way to see if the waiting list issue has been resolved is to go onto the Fibre Checker

Unfortunately I am unable to see when this is exactly to be resolved as this is a nationwide issue as opposed to a localised one.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@BasilBrush Can you tell us why this is a nationwide issue, I fail to understand how availability at one specific cabinet can be anything other than a local issue. Are you saying that there is no availability anywhere, I can't believe that is the case.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @RealAleMadrid, thank you for your question.

The reason I believe it is a nationwide issue is because I have seen the waiting list case occur in various parts of the country, including London. Basically it's simple economics, there is more demand than there is supply, and this explains why cabinets fill up quickly and all the "fibre ports" are taken up. Until more capacity is provided, which is an ongoing Openreach programme, the "waiting list" scenario comes into being. There's actually an area here in Sheffield that has not even got fibre and has only been recently upgraded to ADSL2+; I know this because my friend is affected by it.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support