Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre upgrade not switched over

nickascii
Grafter

fibre upgrade not switched over

Hi,

recently upgraded to fibre and was told switch would be on 28th but I'm still on ADSL, checked my modulation with info from another post: 

24. Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A

Is there a support number I should ring or can someone on here check line status for me ?

thanks

23 REPLIES 23
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: fibre upgrade not switched over

Hi @nickascii,thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for the fibre to go active on tour account.

I can confirm when looking over your orders from this side that a switch to fibre was initially placed to complete on 28/07/20 however it looks like our suppliers during placing the order adjusted the completion date until today more than likely due to engineer availability in your area.

In which case then, an engineer should be out at your cabinet at some point today and you'll notice the previous ADSL service stop. At this point you'll need to put in the new HubOne router or if it's in and working already the you may need to factory reset this to allow the router to switch to fibre.

How to factory reset the router:
This can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot (turn green) if the factory reset has been initiated.

Let us know how it goes. If you're still not seeing fibre related speeds or service by this evening then please get back in touch and we'll look further into this for you.

nickascii
Grafter

thanks for the reply,

I can confirm fibre looks in place this morning

Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B

I didn't do anything to the plusnet hub, it must have sorted itself out, the light is blue

so all good  Smiley

nickascii
Grafter

Hi,

just doing some speed tests, down is fine but up a bit slow.

On the BT broadband checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

it says 

VDSL Range A (Clean) 

VDSL Range B (Impacted)   

and my modulation is G.993.2 Annex B

could that be the reason i.e. I'm on Annex B and it says VDSL Range B (Impacted) or are they 

two different things ?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Very different things.

what does the BTW checker estimate your speeds to be?

Its probably too early, but does the checker show your “Observed speeds”?

IF using the PN HUb1, sight of the Help Desk page would help the community to work out any issues?

Are you using the Master socket or an extension?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @nickascii 

I'm glad to see your connection has been switched across to fibre now. 

Running a line test is showing your router getting 80mbps download and 20mbps upload, but I can see there is a bridge tap somewhere which is generally a wiring issue. Is your router plugged into the master telephone socket with no extension cabling between the socket and your router?

If that's the case, I'd recommend we arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, so could you raise a fault to us at faults.plus.net and in the notes box at the end, please add your availability for a visit.

The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault ticket up.

If you can post back once you've raised the fault, we'll make sure that is picked back up for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf  If the sync speeds are at full 80/20 then even if there is a bridge tap reported it's not affecting the speeds, not sure what an engineer could do in this case, the speeds cannot be any better.🤔

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

A bridge tap can affect throughput and/or cause a connection to drop too

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That's news to me I always thought a bridge tap only affected the sync speeds.

nickascii
Grafter

Hi,

thanks, the download speed is great at 70 but upload still only 7

I tried to raise fault so hope it comes through (by the way my plusnet account name is 

different from this forum, not sure if you need that or are they linked ? its [Removed] anyway)

I had to select "power light on the BT modem is on" (had to choose on or off)
even though I don't have a BT modem: just plusnet Hub One straight to master socket
and no extension wiring.

One other thing, for a while now I have the intermittent dial tone but when I ring 1571 it says no messages.

Thanks again for all your help / advice

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

nickascii
Grafter

@Mustrum I can post the helpdesk info, is there anything I need to blank out 

of a screenshot for privacy etc ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @nickascii

I'm glad to see your download speed's improved now. I've checked your account (Found it from the email address in your forum profile) and the fault's definitely come through to us, logged under ticket ref 216735500.

When you're testing your speed, are you using a device that's connecting over WiFi or wired to your router? If you're on a wired connection, is the device plugged into the router using an ethernet cable (No switches, powerline adapters etc)? 

Regarding the intermittent dial tone, I've turned voicemail off and on. Can you check again for me? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickascii
Grafter

thanks, phone back to normal now. Cheers,

is that something I could have sorted myself ?

speed tests from a pc, cat 5 straight to hub one.

Just done another test at https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

down 73 which is great

but up only 6

Feel a bit bad moaning about upload but that was one of the 

reasons I upgraded as we use google/one drive a lot.

Attaching help status from hub

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

your upload is synching at 20, which is the maximum.
are you testing wired with nothing else running?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, good to see that's done the trick and your phone's dial tone back to normal now. It would've taken a bit longer, but you could've removed voicemail and re-added it from your account Here. I did this directly in the supplier systems, which is a bit quicker than through your account, but achieves the same result.

No problem at all, try running the speedtest with all other devices switched off, and nothing in the background like automatic updates or file sharing running on your computer. I'd also cross reference your speeds to another like the ThinkBroadband speedtester Here as speedtesters can give varying results sometimes. 

Let us know how it goes Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet