cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiber order seem to have disappeared

gunv

fiber order seem to have disappeared

i placed a fiber order on the 3rd after checking with bt openreach as new boards where being made available on the 6th april 

order went in fine received my fiber router- today i went on chat no one could find my order and for then to be told that there is a waiting list .  i strictly recall calling plusnet in the past when cabinet was full wanted to be put on waiting list for fiber to be told that there is no waiting list  you just goto apply when the cabinet is upgraded and keep checking openreach for update .

could someone shed some light on this for me or is my router an ornament now as stock broadband is terrible as this gan go down to 1.9meg on certain days 2.9 on a good day 

3 REPLIES 3
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: fiber order seem to have disappeared

Hi @gunv

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your query.

I am sorry to hear about what has happened with your fibre order. From checking our suppliers systems fibre is still not available at your cabinet and there is a waiting list notice in effect on your cabinet. The best thing for you to do is to keep checking http://dslchecker.bt.com/ by entering your telephone number in the top search box and once it changes from "waiting list" to "available", contact us straight away and then we can place your modify order.

gunv

hi ben I did all that the cabinet had an upgrade on the 6 april I placed my order 2 days before they went live I checked on the 6th and status was available you can check the raised tickets on my account

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I can see the adviser you spoke to created a follow up to monitor your account and place the fibre order once it was available to order on the 6th April.

If fibre was showing as available on the 6th it looks like it was just showing very briefly as unfortunately there's a capacity issue again according to our suppliers DSL Checker.

Apologies for the disappointment caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet