cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

existing broadband customer switching to fibre

lc3566

existing broadband customer switching to fibre

Hi,

I was given today's date (18/5) as the day my service would change to fibre. My new router arrived this morning, hooked it up - everything works fine except that I'm still on my old ADSL service. I realise there can be engineer scheduling issues, however my neighbour (a new plusnet customer) had his phone line installed & fibre broadband activated today. We are hooked up to the same cabinet so I know an engineer was performing work on that cabinet today, yet my line has not been activated. This is more than a little annoying - can anyone help with this?

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: existing broadband customer switching to fibre

While you wait for an answer from Plusnet staff, you may want to see if your line has an open order on it. Use the BT Checker to see if there is one in place and if so, it will show the completion date. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From what I can see your upgrade was delayed until today due to engineer availability.

Your order is complete and everything looks OK from this side now.

Is your new router still setup and plugged in?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lc3566

My new router has been left set up & plugged in constantly. I have had no service of any kind since 22/5/18. I spoke to Plusnet support last week who informed me that the Openreach engineer made a mistake when switching my service over at the cabinet on the 22nd. There is now a fault on my line. I was promised Plusnet would contact me again by 25/5/18, they did not. When looking at my ticket status online, the last entry (28/5) read "fault closed by supplier - please restart troubleshooter if problems persist" I called plusnet support again today (29/5) who assured me that my fault ticket was still open, however they could not put me through to a technical advisor as none were available. I have been promised a call tomorrow morning. One week in and all I have had is acknowledgement of my problem. No-one has even started to try and resolve the issue or restore my service. Anyone else had similar issues? I've been a customer for 8 years and never had a serious issue or cause for complaint. This level of service is nothing short of disgraceful.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that.

From what we can see this is sorted and you're now online?

Let us know if you have any further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lc3566

My service has now been restored and the speed is consistent with what I expected from a fibre connection.
Thank You,
LC.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's sorted!

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team