cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conenction still says ADSL

StewartJump

conenction still says ADSL

Hi

I asked to switch to Unlimited Fibre and Phone from ADSL in Early Jan. The phone has been done and I have the new router plugged in but it still says ADSL as the conection type.

There was a ticket open until 28th Feb which I thought was left there until BT Open reach did the work but its been closed and stil ADSL. I opened a new ticket 187940920 after going through te broadband troubleshooter but no response since it was opened on the 28th.

What is required to get the connection onto VDSL ?

Thanks

Stewart

PluseNet ID [Removed]

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) redacted account information as it's a public forum

6 REPLIES 6
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: conenction still says ADSL

Hi @StewartJump and welcome to the forums.

What is required to get the connection onto VDSL ?

Manual input from one of the community staffers!!

You'll probably get an apology from them too for the mess up!

If you're still awake, please edit your reply to remove your username ID as it's unique to you

(you can do this by clicking post options on the upper right of this page)

edit. tweaked the above and checked -> post options -> edit reply.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@StewartJump 

What it actually requires is for Plusnet to order the upgrade from ‘their supplier ‘. Openreach do work at the cabinet and vitally for there still to be spare for capacity in the fibre cabinet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @StewartJump and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear your service still hasn't upgraded to Fibre despite the account reflecting it has.
I would like to put this right for you moving forwards and I'll be personally monitoring this change over to make sure it goes through as smoothly as possible. I've updated a ticket on your account which can be found here i regards to what steps I'd like to take moving forwards.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
StewartJump

Hi @BD 

Thank you for following up on this and arranging for the switch to happen. The switch to Fibre happened this morning and I've got an email about a refund for the fibre costs while still on adsl. The upload is looking a lot faster, download still in its retraining phase so I've got t be patient. I'm hoping the noise and disconnects are now sorted as well as some where there was a soggy cable but it was never sufficiently bad to get BT to fix once the rain stopped.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Stewart

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @StewardJump

We're really sorry for the delay that you experienced in getting set up on your desired service.

Please keep us updated on any issues you experience with your service as we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

- Ollie