Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change activation date

FIXED
snowy1234
Hooked

change activation date

Hi,  I signed up to Plusnet a couple of weeks ago, I made an error with the date that my contract with my current supplier ends (BT) and they have emailed me to say they will charge me around £90 if I change on the current activation date (sept 4th), is there any way I can put back the activation date to September 26th or any date after that.

Thanks in advance

21 REPLIES 21
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: change activation date

and they have emailed me to say they will charge me around £90

I thought Ofcom guidelines were that 'the charge can not be more than the amount you owe for the remaining months of your minimum contract period' .  Unless you're paying >£90/month I don't see how those charges can possibly comply with the guidelines...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

snowy1234
Hooked

I agree with you there, I pay around £55 a month to BT, but £65 of it was equipment charges for router and BT TV box as I was cancelling before 12 months  , and the rest (£27) for early termination of broadband line rental and  TV (only by 2 -3 weeks) seems very steep but that's BT for you

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I guess the simplest thing is to get PN to put the transfer date back then. I'd definitely get in touch with OFCOM though to advise them what BT are doing. Don't hold output much hope of them actually doing anything though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

snowy1234
Hooked

thanks, I might just do that, hopefully Plusnet can put the activation date back to the 26th of September.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there,

I've just changed the required by date on your order now to the 26th Sept.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snowy1234
Hooked

Thank you, does this automatically get updated with BT as well , or will I need to contact them?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your old provider will automatically be updated on the change of dates. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ibuprofen2017uk

Hi,

I am in similar situation with BT, they are charging me £66.08. Is it possible to change the activation date to 21st November 2017 please?

Many thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @ibuprofen2017uk

I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this, please respond to this Here and I'll get that delay put through for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JackieP

Hi 

I wonder if you can help me too with the same thing? I would like to change my date to Weds 22nd of November. My mistake with dates, although I did initially check with BT and they told me no charges...

Hopefully this will be the simplest way to sort this!

Kind Regards

Jackie

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Jackie and welcome to the community forums.

I'll change that for you now. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KennyMo

Hello guys,

Im wondering if any of you could answer my question as a lot of you have migrated from BT.

I am currently with them and i took out my 12 month contract on 7th Dec 2016.  I am wondering which date should I choose to migrate from BT to Plusnet without incurring the termination charges from them?  They told me the contract ends on the 6th DEC so is the activation date the 6th or 7th DEC 2017?

Hope you can help me out.

Regards

Kenny

ibuprofen2017uk

Hi KennyMo,

I rang BT to find out the earliest possible date to switch without incurring a charge, hope this answers your question. 

I am still waiting for the switch so I can't give you more information.

Regards

Ibuprofen2017uk

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@KennyMo when I left BT, they required 30 days notice, so asked PN to start my new service 30 days later, and got no penalties.

So were it me, I would be asking PN to start the new service on 7th December, but be quick!

Also watch out if you have spoken to them, they tried to charge me £30 cancelation fee, which is only applicable if you cancel and move away from a BTW supplied line.