cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another upgrade to fibre & no email confirmation.

bravoecho75
Grafter

another upgrade to fibre & no email confirmation.

Upgraded just before Christmas.  New router has arrived, but didn't get any email with speed range, dates etc.  Account details look correct.  What are the numbers, and when am I supposed to be upgraded?

8 REPLIES 8
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: another upgrade to fibre & no email confirmation.

That's strange you normally only receive the router a few days before you go live, how long ago did you receive the router?

Hopefully someone from Plusnet will pick this up in a bit

James

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @bravoecho75

Sorry that you haven't received an email regarding the speed range that you can expect to achieve when your order completes, I've resent that along with a breakdown of the costs and any discounts you've agreed and that should be with you now.

Your order is committed to complete on the 10th January and can go live right up to midnight on the day, if there are any problems drop me a message here and I'll take a look for you.

Thanks

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
bravoecho75
Grafter

Oooh,  oooh, tomorrow!

How will I know?  The Hub one has been happily whirring away on ADSL for a week or so, will it cut over automatically, or will I need to force a reconnect from my end?

JonoH
Hero

Usually the router will automatically change to fibre once the upgrade completes but if you're having problems restart the router and if that doesn't work let me know and I'll take a look for you.

Jono H
bravoecho75
Grafter

Thanks for that.

How do you let me know that the work is done and I should be seeing the higher speeds?

JonoH
Hero

The account will change over to fibre at midnight on the day of activation and we will send you a notification confirming this, the we're just awaiting the change over to complete and once this happens you should automatically and immediately get the higher speeds.

However, as we know things don't always go to plan so if something doesn't or you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me Smiley

Jono H
bravoecho75
Grafter

OK.  So it's basically down to observing that the service improves (or not!) - there's no process feedback chain from when the person presses the button/closes the cabinet door back to me.

I'll be able to tell pretty accurately by the cessation of the "when's the internet being upgraded" cries from my kids.

Thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Just to add, once the work has been carried out and the order completes, you should receive another email to let you know. As well as the cries you've mentioned Smiley

I believe the email would advise you that your upload speed has changed. (And, consequently your download speed as well).

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button