cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your order is currently being processed - line takeover

FIXED
linksg

Your order is currently being processed - line takeover

Hello, I negotiated with the current tenant that I'd be taking over the line - they recommended Plusnet and the line is already with Plusnet in the house in their name.

My order currently states "Your order is currently being processed" and there is a blank in the email where a date should be. It also mentions an engineer visit but I would not think that's relevant.

They've received multiple emails apparently referring to 'line takeovers' on the 22nd June (which seems right) and also a 'cease' (on the 8th June, and also the 22nd June - two emails) but say they've called up to have that cancelled as it was a Plusnet error and this has apparently been removed. They have been told that the line will be taken over by me as a 'working line' which is what we all want.

Could someone check the date when the line will be moved to my account and confirm there are no issues?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Your order is currently being processed - line takeover

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums.

@linksg wrote:

They've received multiple emails apparently referring to 'line takeovers' on the 22nd June (which seems right) and also a 'cease' (on the 8th June, and also the 22nd June - two emails) but say they've called up to have that cancelled as it was a Plusnet error and this has apparently been removed.

Oh dear, that really will have put a spanner in the works and more than likely will delay the availability of your new service.

Due to the way Ofcom set the industry rules and BT implements them, where there is a change of subscriber on a line, even if they are remaining with the same CP/ISP, the take over of a "working line" from one subscriber to another MUST go through the cease and re-provide process.

That process includes giving the current subscriber 10 days notice of the intention to take over the service and affording then the right to CANCEL that process - even if it is the same CP/ISP.  The other party should not have called Plusnet to cancel the take over.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
linksg

Hello...

I originally ordered Sky, but asked the current tenant to cancel that order on my behalf (by denying the takeover - I couldn't see how to easily do so at this end) so I could place then place a new order with Plusnet (on their recommendation and I was happy to do so). It seems that while this was being done, the agent also put a cease on their Plusnet service randomly and they have now received lots of contradictory messages.

According to them though, that's now been taken off, he spoke to Plusnet today, and it will now proceed as a working line takeover.

Is anyone able to check that my order has gone through correctly. The current tenant was told that all would proceed normally but i don't see a date on my account and I'm doubtful that the issue is resolved from past experiences.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@linksg wrote:

the agent also put a cease on their Plusnet service randomly and they have now received lots of contradictory messages.

Highly unlikely that it would be random, more likely out of a suggestion that the existing user was giving notice to Plusnet, which if they are not migrating the service to another property, they are obliged to do so - at least 14 days.

Yes it can be confusing, but that is the mess which Ofcom has set up in the industry.  To all intents and purposes, the assets need to "go back" to BT between subscriber service provisions, even if both subscribers are using the same CP/ISP.  There are various reasons and controls for this, including but not limited to forcing a new number on to the line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

linksg

Thanks for your reponse, really useful.

A few other bits of info. They are out of contract, and moving abroad.

But...surely it would work the same as if they had applied to change provider themselves? A fairly seemless switchover of the line line at least 10 working days after application. That's certainly what Plusnet told them (and me) what would happen.

They were told the cease had been done in error by the first operator in their subsequent calls to Plusnet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @linksg and welcome to our Community Forums

@linksg wrote:

My order currently states "Your order is currently being processed" and there is a blank in the email where a date should be. It also mentions an engineer visit but I would not think that's relevant.

We've not yet received a confirmed transfer (activation) date but we should do within the next few days and I'd imagine that the order tracker on the website you see from your side should automatically update afterwards.

They've received multiple emails apparently referring to 'line takeovers' on the 22nd June (which seems right) and also a 'cease' (on the 8th June, and also the 22nd June - two emails) but say they've called up to have that cancelled as it was a Plusnet error and this has apparently been removed. They have been told that the line will be taken over by me as a 'working line' which is what we all want.

Could someone check the date when the line will be moved to my account and confirm there are no issues?

Looks like the cease for the 8th June has been cancelled. The one for the 22nd June is on the back of the transfer order that's currently processing. If the transfer order goes through fine, that should be the transfer date. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet