cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your order is currently being processed - 4+ weeks.

FIXED
dusan_h
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Your order is currently being processed - 4+ weeks.

Hi there,

I subscribed to Fibre BB+phone line on Nov 9th with the hope I get migrated from expensive BT fibre within 2 weeks. 5weeks gone I have still not received a text message about the broadband activation.  

Can you please check what is wrong ?  I gave up waiting 40min on the phone over the weekend and today.

land line. [Removed]

Thank you

Dusan

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) redacted personal info (staff still have visibility)

9 REPLIES 9
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Your order is currently being processed - 4+ weeks.

Try CHAT.
Lack of communication from PN is unacceptable.
CHAT needs browser POP UP blocker to be turned off for P Net URL's for it to function.
dusan_h
Dabbler

Thanks for reply,

I contacted them via chat over the weekend, but the chat is only for new Sales, they don't deal with queries once you place order apparently and was given the number to call Smiley

I just got throuh the support after 60min wait. There was some problem with the order it didn't went throguh, (although £207 line advance payment was taken 3 days after the order) ..... the agent could only place the order again which would take another 10 working days at least, which means will cost me extra to pay BT. 

(my other concern is :  would still Quidco pay £60, the agent could not answer that)

I wonder if BT said, lets not move him for a month or 2 to get our money back by charging him doble for the out of contract  Sad .

Not happy, but lesosn learened to follow up earlier.

dusan_h
Dabbler

just had an email from BT saying switch will be on 27th (18 days from now) Sad and can change my mind by the 21st...no thank you.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @dusan_h, I'm really sorry to see how this has been handled.

I've had a look over the account and it looks like the initial delay was due to the telephone number being on an old closed account, which meant an advisor would need to manually place the order, however the person who picked this up seems to have closed the ticket advising the account is affected by a problem that means we actually won't be able to activate it when orders complete. So unfortunately we would need a new account to be signed up - I've passed feedback on to the advisor that failed to notify you of this and took no action on the ticket. I've also asked for someone on our sales team to give you a call to get an account set up.

Given the errors with the account, when setting up the new account I'd be happy to ensure you still receive the equivalent amount of cashback, although checking their site says that ADSL was £60 cashback and Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre Extra would be £40 cashback.

I do sincerely apologise for the delays you've experienced.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dusan_h
Dabbler

Thank you @HarryB,  do I understand the order still not gone through after yesterday's call I had with the support agent ? 

I was getting emails  and TXT from BT and PlusNet of the service being moved between 27-28th December. Is this not correct and still a new account needs to be setup ? 

Regarding the cashback, it was TopCashBack, not Quidco, my fault,  and the amount was £70 and it is linked to OrderID below. (at the moment it is £85 but for 18m contract)

Merchant Date Purchase Cashback  

Plusnet Broadband (faster paying) 09 Nov 2018 £20.99
£70.00
pending

Plusnet Broadband
Estimated Payable 6 weeks
Order ID 4561367
Top Up amount £0.00

I would suggest that the "Welcome to PlusNet" email, once the order is placed, would contain minimum contracted period. I couldn't find it in my account either if it is 12m or 18m. The only text in the email says I'll pay less first 12m and £10 extra for remaining months + line rental (which suggests it is a 12m contract, but it would be better if that was stated clearer):

Monthly payments

Your first month's service is covered by the payment shown above. After that, you'll pay the following for your services each month:

Between months 2-12: £10.00

From month 13 onwards: £20.99

Your Line Rental Saver payment covers the cost of line rental for the first 12 months of your contract. Ongoing monthly prices are based on the renewal of Line Rental Saver after 12 months. If you chose not to renew, then line rental will also be payable each month, in line with the price set out in the Plusnet price guide.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @dusan_h

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry if there has been an issue with your order, I have checked regarding this and you can view your order details here

Regarding your cashback offer I have looked through the details and in a usual circumstance we would advise that you need to contact Topcashback directly. In this case as My colleague advised there is an issue with your account itself and we require to set up a new account for you. This has to be done with our Sales Team who are due to contact you to discuss this further. As a result we will be arranging the cashback through ourselves.
If you can let us know through this post any update as to whether you have been contacted and we can chase this up with our Sales Team should we need to.

If you need any further assistance feel free to get in touch.

dusan_h
Dabbler

Fix

Thank you all for your support guys,

Managed to get to call the Sales today  (they tried to call me apparently on Monday, but no missed call, I don't use landline if that is what they called)  to be told they can only create a new account with 18m contract (instead of 12m) and that would also reset the whole activation date from 27/12 to 3week from now. (and maxiumum getting £50 gift card)

I decided to look elsewhere and cancelled the account in the end.

dusan_h
Dabbler

well I thought by cancelling the account yesterday and leaving PlusNet it resolved this matter for good. Rang BT this morning to get a better deal and was told PlusNet didn't cancel the order (line takeover) and I need to go back to PlusNet and ask them to cancel it too. I did say to the guy yesterday to cancel it all account and the line takeover.....but that was not done apparently, only my account was closed..... Was first transferred from BT support to PlusNet Sales and then PlusNet Sales transferred me to PlusNet Support, then had bit of hard time to explain what needs to be cancelled on PlusNet side....

Not happy, I hope I will not need to call back PlusNet again asking for £200 advanced line rental, next week. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear you've cancelled @dusan_h.

No need to call though, I'll get a ticket raised on the account with our billing team to ensure your initial fees are refunded. I'm not sure why the previous advisor wouldn't have done this upon closing the account or the advisor that cancelled the order.

All the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet